Click Here!

Problem with new chapter posted.

Guest EroMind

Guest EroMind

I just posted my first story. The first chapter came out fine, but the second didn't. It just posted as one massive paragraph. I've tried to edit it and see that it isn't one paragraph, but it doesn't change.

Please help. The story is Naruto Spy Network, under Naruto. The problem is in chapter two.

Guest EroMind

I'm copying my text from Microsoft Works Word Processor. I'm using the text area upload type. Just copy and paste.

What do you mean 'text container?'

I noticed that this post was up. Another member turned me onto this trick for rapid uploading of my completed stories, so I figured I would pass it along to anyone else who reads this post. Hope it is not a violation of rules to share this info since it does make uploading so much easier without extra, unexpected mistakes. LAst thing I wish to do is annoy anyone.

:hitthefan:

I was told about this shortcut that fixes the problems with formatting here on AFFnet that works like a charm. Upload the chapters to poste here in FF net's doc manager first. It accepts a lot of different writing program formats. All the writer has to do is use Author panel here at AFFnet and do a copy and paste of the text from the doc manager with the chapter in question shown by view edit mode at ffnet. By having AFFnet Author panel open and hitting the add chapter button for the story you want to add, anyone can switch between the two sites and do a rapid upload of a basically formatted chapter. The story has to be set up as a text style upload though. So long as the AFF net story is set up as text type, the chapter name heading and the pasting in of the actual chapter goes quickly.

FFnet doc manager copied text comes in handy to preserve formatting when you paste it into the add chapter for AFFNet. Not sure if it works when it comes to going the story view chapter type of additions, but it does work from Author's panel specifically. The other benefit is I don't have to add captcha to add each chapter to the story I am working on at any given moment. With Story view chapter addition you do have to add captcha every time, and I have horrid eye sight. This way I can continue adding chapters to competed fics I am moving, and have a lot less time required for revision of font styles etc. :behead:

The AFFnet site maintains the fonts and all the formatting I have found when I take the copied text and paste it into the chapter to add section of this site. Not sure if it works with every type of codes for internet, but it does work with my word processor and keeps my bold, italics, and other formatting in place. This trick also is a much faster process than having to do line by line editing to get the fic to look the way intended by the writer I've found.

Hope this shortcut helps other writers.

In point of fact, the rich text editor is actually easy to use, and if used CORRECTLY will preserve the formatting, spacing and etc. It's the identical editor used here in the forum, and on many, many sites.

When copy/pasting from Word, Open Office, Libre Office, you click paste from word, c/p from the clipboard in to the little window

When uploading a .txt file (which is going to be discontinued), you MUST add the paragraph containers. Plain text editors do not use actual line breaks and what have you such as a word processor will use.

If using something other than the above mentioned programs for writing, use the icon for copy from the clipboard. DO NOT use the icon for copy as plain text. That will strip anything you have in there, such as paragraphs, line breaks and whatever else.

Actually, the recaptcha only triggers when you initially upload the story. Adding chapters via a copy and paste from a word processing program does not trigger a recaptcha.

Cool that there is the other ways to add to the text box. I had a lot of problems so I took another author's advice and it worked out fairly well for me. :) Hope I am not causing problems by trying to be helpful. Hm, I always got the captcha deal when I tried to load from the story itself. Must have had something strange going with the settings I used when I tried to load additional chapters from the actual story add chapter portion in the main story itself. Could that be because of how I set up each story I have been posting? I'm not ruling out my own possible klutziness in setting up the stories in a strange manner that causes the captcha to show up when I post outside of the author panel specifically.

So I wasn't doing something dumb when I got it from the

If you mean from the add chapter that you have within the story, yes, the recaptcha will show. When adding from your control panel, it won't.

Whew, I thought I must have done something dumb when I was adding the next chapters while in the story. Was worried for a moment. Thanks for the clarification.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.