Click Here!

Am I writing my disclaimer correctly?

Guest Tricia-chan

Guest Tricia-chan

I recently got moderator reviews stating I didn't write my disclaimer properly for my Sekaiichi Hatsukoi stories. So I went back and edited all the disclaimers for all my stories reported. This is my finished disclaimer:

"I don't own Sekaiichi Hatsukoi or the characters, Nakamura Shungiku does. I have made no money off this story."

However, I've gotten another notice on one story that my disclaimer is incorrect. I'm sure this disclaimer meets the guidelines, but if I need to change it I certainly will. Does this look fine?

That disclaimer as you have it above certainly looks fine to me. Can you give me the name of the most recent story that you received a notice for, so I can check that one?

Thanks! :D

Guest Tricia-chan

Thank you for your response. I've gotten more for my other stories, even though they all have this same disclaimer. The most recent one was called "Rest, Calm", but the other two are "Silence is Thy Friend" and "While You Were Out". All of them are listed under Sekaiichi Hatsukoi in the Anime section.

Guest Tricia-chan

Thank you very much. I'd written my disclaimer incorretly initially, so I'd wanted to be sure I did it right the second time. Thanks for your help!

• 8 months later...
Guest CattyKitty
Hello,

I got an email that said I didn't have the proper format for my disclaimer, stating that it fails to disclaim the fandom by name. This is my disclaimer:

I do not own any of the Sailor Moon characters of which I am writing about. I do this for fun without compensation. All characters belong to Naoko Takeuchi
If there is something that I should fix, it needs to be said much more specifically because this sounds just right to me.
-thank you

The issue is the fandom part. What you have is a character disclaim, not something that disclaims the whole fandom. It should read, as a basic disclaimer, I don't own Sailor Moon and make no money off this story.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.