DrunkenScotsman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all three of you - Daye, MM616, Aysha - for your comments on the latest chapter. I can't tell you what it means to have regular, supportive readers.

Daye - I was particularly proud of that passage. I'm glad you enjoyed it too, and thanks for pointing out that specific segment as something you liked. Regarding the bust sizes, Rogue is pretty racktastic even in Evo, but I probably did exaggerate the measurement a bit. I based her on an ex-gf, who was an early bloomer (D-cups at 14, no joke) and who wears something like a G or H cup these days. I did recently realize that, based on rereading "Solo Shots," that the Rogue of FTaBH has bigger tits and has had them since 16 or so. :D

Also, the common thread between the non-first-person chapter titles is that they're all words for "something that comes between," not necessarily synonyms for "intermission." But you were definitely in the ballpark.

MM616 - I very much appreciate your support. Hearing that Wanda's orientation was believable means a lot, especially coming from a longtime comic fan like yourself. I'd just seen a state-by-state list of what each state in the US is worst about, and Mississippi really was worst or near-worst in a lot of depressing categories. I might take a crack at a Wanda+Rogue fic sometime in the future.

Aysha - I'm glad you find the budding Jubes+Wanda relationship to be intriguing (as opposed to dumb or hackneyed). While, from an adult-erotica-reader's perspective, I can understand your disappointment that Wanda+Rogue isn't happening; but incompatible orientations are a fact of life sometimes, unfortunately. As I mentioned above, a Wanda+Rogue fic isn't out of the question, and I might even find a way to set it in the FTaBH continuity (such as it is).

I'm sorry it'll take so long for the next update (probably). Real life strikes yet again. If you'd told me when I started this fic that I wouldn't have it finished in 2 years, I'd have called BS; but, as they say, the best-laid plans of mice and men...

Edited by DrunkenScotsman

Aysha - I'm glad you find the budding Jubes+Wanda relationship to be intriguing (as opposed to dumb or hackneyed). While, from an adult-erotica-reader's perspective, I can understand your disappointment that Wanda+Rogue isn't happening; but incompatible orientations are a fact of life sometimes, unfortunately. As I mentioned above, a Wanda+Rogue fic isn't out of the question, and I might even find a way to set it in the FTaBH continuity (such as it is).

I do hope that you write both the Jubes+Wanda story and the Wanda+Rogue, But it would be really cool if you would consider a threesome story Wanda+Rahne+Jamie. I was thinking that Wanda might want to explore the other side of things and I don't think that anything is outside the realm of possibility for Rahne, horn-dog that she is :D . Rahne would offer Wanda an anchor to her usual orientation while allowing her to explore the hetero side of things with a guy that isn't absolutely dripping with testosterone. Jame would simply consider himself to be the luckiest sob on earth.

Also I need you to create a R+V response thread so I can share my suggestion for that story line. Please.

• 1 month later...

I'll go ahead and respond to the reviews on the last chapter. I was hoping to see MM616's review, but he hasn't yet. Hopefully, he will soon and I can respond to it before I drop the next chapter - which, by the by, I'll be working on over the next few weeks. I hope to have it done before New Year's.

MarvelFan98: I wrote her narration in "normal" for ease of reading; though her representation of Cody was intended to reflect that Cody's accent was real, real thick country. It hadn't occurred to me that her narration might also represent the thinning of her own accent. Sweet little nuance there!

Daye: The issue with "won't" for "wasn't/weren't" and "don't" for "doesn't" that you noticed was intentional on my part and reflects the speech patterns of the part of the rural South that I grew up in. I will admit, however, that it wasn't western Mississippi, so there are very likely some regional variations that I couldn't account for. I'm also glad you enjoyed Rogue's choice of brassiere - I've tried to use the characters' clothing throughout this piece to help convey subtle clues about their personalities. Rogue usually binds, for instance, especially post-Cody, underscoring her practical side and her difficulty reaching out to others; when she wanted to be sexy for her boyfriend, she wore a sexy bra that would make it easy for her to show him her breasts, which she of course has complicated feelings about, as a sign of her trust in him and level of comfort around him.

Aysha: Thanks for the catch; that mistake has been edited. I'm glad you liked it overall. I agree that it seemed a bit rushed at points; it was very, very difficult to try to condense a summer fling into one story. I didn't want to break it up into separate sub-chapters or anything, since I hadn't done so to other girls' stories; but I also didn't want this chapter to be a 10,000-or-more-word behemoth (not that I had the time to write something that size in November). I suppose I could have done so regardless, even if it had made this chapter 3-5x longer than all the others. (What can I say? I like consistency.)

I'm not 100% satisfied with the end result here, but at least everyone seems to have enjoyed it.

You're welcome, I'm happy to help any time I see something like that, I know it drives me nuts in my own writing, and you being an English teacher I'm sure it irks you even more so. Especially when you put so much hard work into the story.

If you called 10,000 word chapters behemoths; what do you call the 20,000 were chapters I write? Leviathans? lol

anyway I hope you will keep the suggestions I've made in mind as you continue your stories because I would really like to see where you can take them. :D

• 1 month later...

Long-overdue replies to the last-chapter reviews:

Aysha - Yeah, I'm a stickler for detail and take personal and professional pride in the level of polish in my writing, so missing glaring typos and such absolutely kills me. I've gone back and edited my earliest fics years later, just for my own vanity... errr, so that they'll be the best they can be. I'm sorry that I can't make this story go on forever for y'all, but I'm overjoyed you feel such a connection to it that you want it to.

Redsliver - If you read this thread, thank you so much for your feedback. Ah'm mahty sorry Rogue got on yer nerves. ;) As I said earlier in the thread, I wanted her and Rahne's accents to feel as authentic as possible, even if it meant going a bit 'overboard' with them compared to other authors, even if it meant that what they said was sometimes unintelligible. (That's authentic!) Rogue's accent was much easier for me to indulge myself, since I myself am a lifelong Southerner.

Daye - Your thoughts on the epilogue mirror my own. I really went back and forth over whether to include it or not, right up until I clicked "submit." I thank you, as always, for your honesty.

MarvelMaster - Likewise, your feedback is always appreciated. The reason I ultimately included the epilogue - which, you're right, DID seem a bit rushed - was to provide something of a "bridge" between my story and the "vision of the future" that Prof. X shared in the finale of Evolution; doing so was important to me since this fic was as closely tied into canon as I could make it without sacrificing my own artistic vision.

MarvelFan98 - I am truly humbled that you (or any of y'all, really) might hold this up as "one of the best stories in a while." (bows) As for future X-fics that use this as a basis, no promises. ;)

Edited by DrunkenScotsman

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.