Click Here!

Megan Consoer

How many people are reading these stories every day, sucking them up like candy, and not even leaving anything to let the writers even know they read their stuff, never mind what they think of it.

Amen to that. When I first started posting, I'd put "please r&r, feedback highly desired" in with my disclaimer at the beginning of every chapter. Once, I even put "let me know what you think, good, bad or indifferent." And got nothing. One thing I have noticed is when I post a new story, hits for older ones go up, so people must be interested enough to check those out. It's a trade-off I've come to live with.

And I admit to a bit of geekiness here, but the one fic where I got thoughtful reviews, I actually printed them out and tucked them in a binder with my hard copy of the story. I'll look at them once in a while for an ego boost, grateful for their comments, and really happy that people got what I was trying to say in that particular fic.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike256bit
And I admit to a bit of geekiness here, but the one fic where I got thoughtful reviews, I actually printed them out and tucked them in a binder with my hard copy of the story. I'll look at them once in a while for an ego boost, grateful for their comments, and really happy that people got what I was trying to say in that particular fic.

That's the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Good God, Inkslinger, what did you do to get all those naughty points?

Uh...I virtually shagged every member of the forum? Naw, just kidding. tongue.gif Actually a very nice person gave them to me; they had loads and didn't know what to do with them. It was kind of a "thank you" for steering them towards a craptastic fic that made them laugh.

That's the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Ok, so cute and geeky. I can live with that. I think the reason I printed those was because the fic was kind of a departure for me. A period piece and I wanted it to "read" more Victorian. So, as a Lime, there was a lot of prose and metaphor (not to mention good old fashioned Gothic angst), plus classical music references. I set up very concrete boundries and it struck a chord with readers.

Of course, one of my favorite reviews was an e-mail I got for a different fic when AFF was read only. I believe it was something like "do you ever get tired of writing f***ing great stories?" I love that one. Short, sweet and to the point. smile.gif

Damn it! I've been hit by her. Not once, not twice, but 3 freaking times in the past couple of weeks. I honestly didn't connect her name with this topic until tonight for some reason though....

She posted twice in three days for this story, same exact effing review - even after I responded to her. WTF?

And here's where she reviewed the sequel she was asking for, notice the date is before she asks for a sequel yet again on the other story!?

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Wwhat does she have? A list of appropriote comments listed that she copies and pastes into reviews??

Hell, Snapy Bot has a roader range then this chick.

...Not that it's really saying much...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Madapple

Ok, it's my turn to stand up and say, I write fics and I've been Consoer-ed.

Yes, the inherent misspellings, yes the same message-bot review.

I'm emailing her now. Has anyone else done it? Has she responded? Did it say "I really liked this note alot, can you write an even more detailed one or maybe send another?"

mad.gif *Screams obscenities*

She did it again! Does she not understand what WIP means? I'm assuming she can read - is that overly generous of me?

I wrote this at the end of my most recent chapter:

Author’s Notes: Sorry this chapter took so darn long. Praise Merlin, I have a new beta who’s much quicker than my other two. Any errors which remain are solely mine. As usual, a very special thanks to everyone who’s reviewed. You’re the reason I keep writing. The next chapter is half done. Hopefully this horrible spell of writers block will end, and life will get out of my way, so that I can finish it quickly and post it in a timely matter. I can’t believe when I started that I actually thought I could write a chapter a week. *Laughs maniacally* whatever was I thinking? How about a chapter a month? That I might actually be able to do.

And she still says, "I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?" on the very same day the new chapter was posted! dry.gif

*Pulls hair out*

Guest Melody Fate
And she still says, "I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?" on the very same day the new chapter was posted!  dry.gif

Doesn't that just make you wish we could reply directly on the review, so you could snap back at her. "Well, I was going to wrte more chapters, but since you wrote alot instead of a lot, that's my personal boiling point. No more stories. EVER. You ruined it, thanks a lot you miserable, selfish, bitch.

I still don't think she's a bot, what would be the point? A bot that just leaves a boring message all the time? Then again, when she's leaving the message for folks who's stories have been pulled ages before she leaves the message, then you really do have to wonder.

Are they always in the same section? If so, I'd be half tempted to write a quick story about how the lead character in that fandom, met up with this chick called Megan Consoer, and how she followed him (her) around all day long saying the same thing. "I like you alot. Could you please do that again?" To the point where the main character gets so fed up with her, that he goes mental and kills her. And as she's dying, she says, "I really liked you alot, can you do that again?"

Just to see if she'd review it differently.

Guest Madapple
Yes, I know, I'm popping out of nowhere to volunteer for this, but I was alerted by a friend who also posts here and I figured this was just too good to pass up.

laugh.gif

That certainly spread quickly.

In our defence, I have the same review from her on some of the same stories posted on other sites. There is no variation.

Guest Madapple
(from Inkslinger)

My question is how to get BRP (Black Rose Phantom) to actually leave an intelligent review or shut the f*ck up, instead of posting her bizarre Erik fantasies on the reviews page. Seeing five or six posts for a chapter, and stories with 60 reviews, 55 of which are her babbling about bitch slapping Christine and porking the Phantom, is annoying as hell. It falsely inflates the hits and, I'm sure, drives readers away who might otherwise read and enjoy an author's work. I freakin' hate that.

I just visited the PotA thread. You're right about BRP, Inkslinger, she's insane. I'd rather receive Megan's reviews, or better yet none at all.

Now I'm posting this in the "Lesser of Two" evils thread.

BRP or our beloved Meg?

Guest Melody Fate
BRP or our beloved Meg?

Why not both if people can do it? Megan can be the boring one, BRP can be her annoying "Flea on crack" friend who babbles aimlessly and most folks just don't care.

Guest Madapple

Megan Consoer just reviewed me again, the same fic as before.

Do you think she has the memory span of a goldfish? or is it some bizarre government plot forcing us to retaliate with mentos and tube socks?

Of course, now that I've mentioned retaliation, those things will probably be banned from all foreign and domestic flights.

So, everyone, pack tic-tacs and footies!

I'm going down the review lists for the stories on the Snape/ Hermione thread and see if she hit everybody, or if I'm today's lucky recipient of all that love.

Guest Madapple

Well, I've finished my self assigned chore, and it seems that Megan goes through and systematically leave the same review to everyone whose story is on the first page of the thread.

Of course, the newly updated ones have no "latest review" from her, and the stories farther down on page 2, not recently updated, don't have a new review from her either. It seems her pattern is to go through there and review every few days, as well.

Interesting, those are certainly "bot-like" tendencies.

Guest Melody Fate
Interesting, those are certainly  "bot-like" tendencies.

This is a mystery.

From the response never varying, I say it is a bot.

What I can't figure out is why someone would bot this site and leave such a dumb review. I've scratched my head and pondered and I can only come up with three possibilities.

1: Someone created the persona just to leave their stories reviews. The "I like this story alot" are done to throw us off track, so we don't go, "Hmmm, how come Megan only reviews one persons work and never anyone elses?"

Problems with this?

A: No one has seen a lengthly review or any other review that is more than those few lines.

B: If someone is clever enough to come up with their own little review bot, why can't they have the reviewbot come up with a few different lines, rather than the same thing over and over again?

2: Megan someday hopes to contribute stories to this site. She wants people to read her stories when she writes them and she figures that the more she reads and reviews now, the more people will come and read her stories when she finally posts.

Again, two problems with this theory.

A: She's been doing this for awhile and hasn't written anything.

B: She'd want to have the bot signed in, just so we knew it was her wriiting them.

3: Someone is doing this to mess with our heads.

Megan has a LaunchCast station . . . ? blink.gif

A quick Google search on "Megan Consoer" turns up 3 pages of hits.

She has profiles on:

• Media Miner
  • Ashwinder
  • AFF.net
  • FanFiction.net
  • Forever Fandom (she's a beta reader there)
  • Fanfics.org
  • Fan Fiction Archive: Anime Spiral

And the review are always exactly the same.

I just saw a review she left for a Firefly fic on fanfiction.net...

I think I just got inspired...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And... um... dude... beta reader? WTF mate? "I really like your writing. Can you please make more mistakes?"

WOOT!

Check out this review of hers on MediaMiner. She asks the person to write a story for AFF. Isn't that sweet of her? laugh.gif

Clearly, she feels more comfortable with the fine folks of AFF. We understand the true meaning behind her indepth reviews.

...Dude, seriously, I'm starting to call people who leave little "I like this story! Write some more!" Consoers, or MC's happy.gif I kinda wanna write a Wiki article about her laugh.gif