Click Here!

Review Replies: Neverwinter by Anesor

Anesor

I'm going to post reviews for stories from the Neverwinter MMO setting, with a dash of Neverwinter Nights in the recent history. (or recent in a world with elves and magic elixirs) Presently there are different storylines and most will be written for challenges.

These reviews are for Playing With Fire, during Valindra's campaign.

pippychick on Playing With Fire: Chapter 1 - Another Fine Mess

I don't know the fandom or game, but I didn't need to for this. Wonderful writing, and great use of the prompts! The succubus seemed like a sad, pathetic kind of thing at the end, but still quite crafty.

Thank you. Succubi have never been about power in myth, have they? Manipulation and lust, they were never the ones to cause property damage. I admit, this was a reaction to wanting a succubus with personality. Thank you so much for your review, it made my day when a virus came a visiting.

BronxWench on Chapter 1: Another Fine Mess

I'm not as far along as you are in Neverwinter, but oh, I can't wait to reach this part. Please tell me I'll meet one of Charlene's kin... :D

Nicely done, with some tricky prompt words!

There are succubi in the game, but they are much more 'grr argh!' than 'Hello sailor!' Keep in mind that it's easy to miss canon stories because they are race or classed based. I like trying to get all the words in, but some are just too much anachronisms. Thanks!

BronxWench on Chapter 2: Making a Deal

Oh, this was absolutely lovely! Charlene is a delight, and I did take a sneaky delight in Togge getting a bit in over his head, or one of them, anyway. And to get all the prompts in while doing a flash fic? Marvelous! :D

Charlene is fun. I wanted to pick a name that brought its own stereotype instead of the pseudo Latin or random letter. You can count on Charlene returning, no worries. those words fit so well with the decadent Gordie, it was one of my easier flashfics. Thanks for the review!

pippychick on Playing With Fire chapter 2&3: Proxies in Contention

2. Great use of the prompts, but I really doubt that Togge would get far on his own. Too easily distracted, though really, who could be immune to one of those things?

3. The crumbling stairs were a really nice touch, and a moment of very real fear and dread. The best authors use those simple fears - fantastic!

Not too many people would be immune, as long as they are paying attention. :D Yeah, Keryn makes the decisions as Togge is quite fond of her healing abilities.

Thanks! Visceral fear should happen more often and I'm glad it got you. Thanks so much for your reviews!!

BronxWench on Chapter 3:

I think falling into darkness is one of those things that I fear more than is rational, so this was nicely shivery for me to read. The fact that Keryn felt empty certainly didn't help those shivers. The ending made sure I'd shiver even more.

Lovely use of some very challenging words! :D

Falling through darkness is such a primal fear, right? And after that adrenaline everything feels burnt out. I had to put some adventure in or it's not a Neverwinter story. :) Thanks for the review!

Edited by Anesor

I think the primal fears are the scariest, those things we can never shed no matter how old we get, or how rational we think we are. It's much more terrifying than all the gratuitous gore in the world.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.