Click Here!

Surgery

greenwizard

I had my gallbladder removed on Monday. I had to pay for it with a credit card... Insurance companies don't want to cover pre existing conditions.

All that aside... the procedure went pretty well. The medication they gave me before hand to help prevent me from getting sick under anesthesia made my whole body itch severely. They really should warn a person about that.

It took me a whole three seconds to go under. It only took about an hour and then I spent the rest of the afternoon in a tiny room sleeping on and off. I was sore for a while and very nauseous. I spent three days in bed, then started getting up and doing more things for myself. Today is the first day that I've really felt like a human being again. My incisions are infected, but I'm not surprised. I seem to be prone to infection and had a minor throat infection from the respirator they put me on. I'm sure I'll be fine.

As far as diet, I really haven't had many problems. I was on the jello and cracker diet for a few days, but I'm pretty much back to normal. I'm still watching my fat intake carefully and I'm staying away from fast food, but I've tested the waters a little here and there without much problem. I'm optimistic that I'll be one of those people who don't have any lasting effects.

Guest MortiferLascivio

I'm glad that things are going well for you after your surgery. When I had surgery, it took me two weeks to recover enough to allow me to leave the hospital and it was the most painful experience of my life.

• 1 month later...
I fucking swear, I only visit this place like twice a month but nothing ever changes. How can a site that thousands of people visit have such little activity on its message board.

I don't know... I don't visit the site often either. I am doing much better though. I'm pretty much back to normal. Really fatty stuff makes me sick though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had my gall bladder removed on September 2nd, 1999 and I spent three days in bed, before I was up and about with orders for a week no heavy lifting.

But I'm able to eat everything and not have any problems, till they found out that my stomach was partially paralyzed and put me on pills, which I shouldn't have been. I should have been placed on a diet instead to see what would work the best. The eating plan that I am on no carbos with protein meals allowed and vise versa is the way to go.

But I'm losing weight slowly and still able to eat good food. :)

Beth

I've been eating more home cooked food and a lot less fast food. I'm on the moderation diet. I've only gotten sick twice. What made your stomach go partially paralyzed?