Click Here!

Posting a story

Lanie12777

I'm having trouble trying to load a story from my documents. When I hit the browse button after setting everything up and press the preview button to make sure it went through it tells me there was an error. The story in my documents is in Microsoft Word, but it just won't load. I posted it at FF.net with no trouble, but I'd like to have it on this site also. Can anyone help me or give me any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

If you're trying to upload a Word file (.doc) then that's your problem; you can't. If you look at the "Choose Upload Type" option then you'll see that you can only upload htm/html and Text files. This forum entry will show you what tags can be used if you wish to use html-style tags: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...?showtopic=3724

the archive only accepts documents ending in .htm or .html, or .txt

What you need to do is convert the document to html, STRIP the bloated html tags out, and then upload it. It's important that you do that, as otherwise the upload still won't work quite right. To edit out the extra html, open the file in notepad or some other plain text editor. That way you see all the code that Word inserts.

This FAQ will show you the allowable tags

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.