Click Here!

Editing Details

Harley Quinn hyenaholic

I'll get to the point.

When I'm Editing Details, I can change the title and the summary and the place it's in... but what I often really want to edit is the Warnings. That's hard to do though, because there's no Automatic Warning Adding thing or even a list of warnings. The only way I know of to do it is delete the fic and start again.

I'd like to see a way to add the warnings on the Edit Details page. And for the warnings to stop taking up my Summary space when I want to change that too.

Well the way I do it sometimes is if I have TONS of warnings in it I'll often add an Author's note to the top of the chapter saying "This is what's going on: blah blah blah". So in my summary I only put the IMPORTANT ones. I'm not 100% sure if that's how the higher-ups want it but that's what I'd do.

since the warnings add to the story description, it's the only way TO do it at this point in time, really. Otherwise you run into the character limitation for that field, the more you add.

However, part of what's going to happen (not now, but when the new stuff is ready even just for beta) for the story description field and the disclaimer field, is they'll be made into text "blob" type fields. So any character type limits will be much higher, and that won't really be a problem any more.

Also, if I'm remembering right from past discussion, the plan for the warnings field is to make it so it inserts much like the disclaimer allowing for the description to be ONLY the description.

<--is half asleep at the moment

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.