Click Here!

I need a better word for pelvis

Deadman

So, I’m wondering about a word that is bugging me even if I don’t know what else to use.

Where do you go for alternative words?

I don’t think a thesaurus works, but maybe Urban Dictionary?

The word is pelvis. I’m writing something featuring a character that isn’t the kind of person who would use a anatomically correct word for something.

Yet for some reason, I can’t come up with another word for pelvis. It’s a female character who dropped out of high school and is pretty working class.

Suggestions?

Edited by Deadman

• Deadman changed the title to I need a better word for pelvis
6 minutes ago, Deadman said:

The word is pelvis. I’m writing something featuring a character that isn’t the kind of person who would use a anatomically correct word for something.
Yet for some reason, I can’t come up with another word for pelvis. It’s a female character who dropped out of high school and is pretty working class.
Suggestions?

Would an average person even make the distinction between the pelvis vs pussy or the stomach?  Have to admit I typically don’t even bother making it myself as I’m writing.  Maybe simply go with their “lap”?

57 minutes ago, Desiderius Price said:

Would an average person even make the distinction between the pelvis vs pussy or the stomach?  Have to admit I typically don’t even bother making it myself as I’m writing.  Maybe simply go with their “lap”?

Maybe they wouldn’t. It’s not so much the lap in that no one is sitting on it. But I might be able to. It’s the place between the stomach and the pussy. At least with the way I’m writing it. I suppose I could use the word “lower stomach” or something like that.

Hi, Deadman and all.

Your search engine, believe it or not, is a very good thesaurus.  At least DuckDuckGo and Google are.  Try “slang term for [fill in the blank] if the thesaurus synonyms don’t work for you.

Beyond my suggesting something like the “happy trail” for between the navel and the bikini line, or ‘below the bikini line,’ etc if the area is there.  If it’s actually someone’s lap, try ‘free parking’ or ‘the empty parking place.’

Cheers.

56 minutes ago, Wilde_Guess said:

Hi, Deadman and all.

Your search engine, believe it or not, is a very good thesaurus.  At least DuckDuckGo and Google are.  Try “slang term for [fill in the blank] if the thesaurus synonyms don’t work for you.

Beyond my suggesting something like the “happy trail” for between the navel and the bikini line, or ‘below the bikini line,’ etc if the area is there.  If it’s actually someone’s lap, try ‘free parking’ or ‘the empty parking place.’

Cheers.

Hmm, below the bikini line might be fun.

I just find that a thesaurus and search engines tend to be very… academic in suggesting terms. This is more of a sexual situation. I think I’ve used "below my stomach” and stuff before. But I also struggle with not wanting to repeat myself too often.

Hi, Desiderius Price, and all.

1 hour ago, Desiderius Price said:

Search engine?  Nah, go ask your local librarian, help keep those places interesting!   </sarcasm>

As to Jeff… his tan has no lines :)

He also has no underpants, at least he doesn’t wear them. 

Most ladies will “mow the lawn” in western countries, even if they never wear a bathing suit.  Some mow a lot more, and some even wax the floor where the carpet otherwise goes.

[ducking and running...]