Click Here!

A silly question

shinigamiinochi

This is probably one of those questions that is so stupid and obvious that I should be smacked in the head for asking it, but why is hentai more expensive than anime? I mean, an anime boxset costs the same as a single hentai episode (that's about ten hours equivalent to thirty minutes) and I can't figure out why that is.

This is probably one of those questions that is so stupid and obvious that I should be smacked in the head for asking it, but why is hentai more expensive than anime? I mean, an anime boxset costs the same as a single hentai episode (that's about ten hours equivalent to thirty minutes) and I can't figure out why that is.

Because it targets a limited market that has shown to have a relatively inelastic demand. Those who want it will pay for it, regardless of price.

Where the hell are you buying your hentai? I shop at the local FYE, and the hentai are never as expensive as the boxed sets. Boxed sets can run from $40-$100+, depending on content, with starter boxes being in the $50-70 range typically, and full series running close to triple digits. Individually priced discs range from $20-35 for most series, with the low end being common series, and movies normally retailing for about $30.

Hentai, on the other hand, normally only retails in the $25-30 range, with a few of the half hour things put out by Hustler going for much less. A typical film retails for about $25, with some of the longer ones at the upper range. The most I've ever paid for hentai was $50 for the complete Moonlight Lady boxed set. The most expensive I've seen was about $80, and that was for something along the lines of the complete Urosutkodji series or the complete Jiriubu series. Really should go pick up the last, they slashed it down to $60...

So either you're getting some very cheap boxed sets, or ripped off on your hentai, at least from my stand point.

sigh, all I wanted in life was all the volumes of Bible Black. I searched online and at every store nearby, but they were always 30 or more (even on ebay!) Some places had it for 40! I ended up spending a fortune just for three dvds, which pretty much proves your point about no elacicity. I won't go online because my computer is a piece of junk and even if I shelled out the money, my computer wouldn't play anything. It has problems with youtube videos, so that should be a good indicator that it's slowly dying.

The only thing I didn't like about Bible Black was that the third volume of the second testament was't released in America. I can't find it anywhere, but according to the Bible black sites, those last episodes do exist. The main thing about hentai prices that annoys me is that hentai averages about 30 dollars new while anime ranges 20 dollars, however, the typical anime has 1-2 episodes while anime typically has 4-5 per disc, yet the hentai is more money.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.