Click Here!

Ai no Kusabi

Guest Jennifer

Guest Jennifer

What I want to know is why there are so few stories out there for this fandom. This is such a classic BL anime and I've never spoken to anyone that knew of it that didn't love it. Is it simply to hard to write?

• 1 year later...
Guest OrantMihi

there r like 95 fics on AFF . personally i think thats quite a lot. but what im wondering is if this whole forum is alive? will u ever know ive replied? lol. theyre not too hard to write i guess; its a matter of interest of the ones that actually write :)

Because I'm also an AnK fan, I'd have to disagree on the difficulty of writing it (I'm of the opinion it would be on the difficult side), even though I don't write at all, but read. Most of the good authors in the fandom have to work very hard to keep the characters in character, regardless of how they're twisting the world for their story. It's a complex society that is set up, as well as a complex world, if they're writing within the world. At least that's what I've observed with those stories over the years.

Guest OrantMihi

Hm, yes, you do have a point there. I'm writing a AnK fic myself at the moment and I indeed have to admit I need to stay sharp to let everything run smoothly and logical. Every fic needs its amount of effort, though. Whatever fic you write, be it AnK or something else, characters always should be in character. So at that point it doesn't make AnK extra hard. I agree with you with their complexity, though. They contain serious and deep emotions. ps: the board is alive after all! :D

• 10 months later...
Guest Naga-Lord
What I want to know is why there are so few stories out there for this fandom. This is such a classic BL anime and I've never spoken to anyone that knew of it that didn't love it. Is it simply to hard to write?

AnK is what got me into yaoi to begin with, so I've wanted to write someting for it for a really long time. But it's just not that simple. I want to keep the characters true to the original and not make it OOC, cause I hate when characters are. And that is the problem. The blondies have a IQ going at 300. It kind of puts a pressure on the work I do. Of course the original author can't have been smart enough to write at that level either, but it do mean the story needs to be really smart. The blondies need to see through things others can't even sense. It also plays out in a world that can be a bit hard to grasp. On the other hand, maybe that only frees you to be more creative, I don't know. For me, the reall challange is to write about these hard, super smart, emotionless, ice cold people warm up to someone while still keeping in character. it's hard to do without failing. :C

So yes, I think it's hard :3 I still want to do it though ^^

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.