Click Here!

What is it with people and their fear of negative reviews?

Guest CanadianGinger

Ok, let's differentiate between some terms... Negative and Constructive

Negative - something is worded in a way to make the receiver feel badly.

Constructive - something is worded in a way to point out things that need to be modified and/or how to improve.

Ok, this said: I for one LOVE 'Constructive reviews'!!! Hey, if I get a tendancy to use a word like 'purred' way too often - heck, point it out! Then I'll be more conscious to use a wider range of descriptives for how my character's are talking.

And yes, IF I leave a review - it SHALL contain Constructive Criticism. It might be as simple as 'you could flesh it out with more and/or less descriptives. But otherwise this "" is very well-written'.... Or if I see a lot of consistent grammar issues - I'll point many of them out... And generally, IF I read your story - I'm GOING to leave a review.. Just as I like to know how people appreciate the time and effort I put into a story/chapter - I feel that as a reader, I owe it to that author as well.. (Guess I'm a strange one...) :throwup:

Since the reviews I leave are left up there. (well, except for ONE particular author. But I generally avoid reading her stuff unless someone informs me that I need to investigate something or another...) ... I believe that they are generally taken as what they were intended to be... A way for that author to improve him/herself.

The important thing is to give constructive criticism in a positive manner. Pointing out strengths AND weaknesses. To me a 'negative review' is something like 'you suck' or 'you're OC's so bad that it hurts my eyes'...