Click Here!

Russia at Georgia

Anyone think Russia is really going to stop with some small, breakaway Caucus state? This is a clear message they are sending to the United States and NATO. They don't want to be "encircled" by an alliance specifically designed to contain their aggression. Moscow would like nothing more then to return to Warsaw Pact spheres of influence and that means peeling off current NATO allies like the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, etc. They are itching for a fight and either its going to happen or the West is simply going to fold and give them their lebensraum. The Cold War ended without a shot fired and Russia was never shown their place. Now, 17 years later, they think they can reassert themselves by inching back down into the Middle East and bringing world oil and natural gas reserves under their thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't blame Russia for what it did to Georgia, I mean Georgia brought it on themselves when they invaded South Osetia really. The whole scenario was kinda like the WW1 scenario, two little countries getting into it and their larger, more powerful allies being sucked in as well. It looks like the situation has been defused now though.

What was really funny though is when Dubya was interviewed and asked what he said to Putin when they were sitting next to each other at the Olympics and Putin explained what Russia was going to do to Georgia. Bush replied "I told him what he was doing was a bad thing." lol that just cracks me up for some reason.

• 1 month later...
I really don't blame Russia for what it did to Georgia, I mean Georgia brought it on themselves when they invaded South Osetia really. The whole scenario was kinda like the WW1 scenario, two little countries getting into it and their larger, more powerful allies being sucked in as well. It looks like the situation has been defused now though.

What was really funny though is when Dubya was interviewed and asked what he said to Putin when they were sitting next to each other at the Olympics and Putin explained what Russia was going to do to Georgia. Bush replied "I told him what he was doing was a bad thing." lol that just cracks me up for some reason.

is it over? russia is sending a fleet around the mediteranian and then on to Venezuela and a few months ago they resumed long range bomber missions over europe.

Looks like someone is believing what Bush says again. Georgia attacked them and they attacked back. Now they are probably getting ready for a fight because Bush keeps shooting his mouth off. And by the way, from what I've read, the Cold War was just a bunch of big misunderstandings.

Looks like someone is believing what Bush says again. Georgia attacked them and they attacked back. Now they are probably getting ready for a fight because Bush keeps shooting his mouth off. And by the way, from what I've read, the Cold War was just a bunch of big misunderstandings.

lulz. Georgia didn't attack Russia. Georgia attacked a part of its own country that tried to break away. Russia did the same thing with Chechnya a few years ago. That would be like saying when federal forces went south of the Mason-Dixon line we were attacking Britain. And the cold war was far from a series of misunderstandings. it was half a century of diametrically opposed political policy by two superpowers trying to expand their spheres of influence.