Click Here!

Story Code Question

archangelm127

I didn't know where else to post this thread, so if it's in the wrong part of the forum, I apologize.

Question: What precisely does the story code "WAFF" ("Warm and Fuzzy Feeling") connotate? I would presume it's akin to romance, but I've never heard it used in this context before so I thought I'd better ask before using it to label my stories. ^^

We had a discussion about this awhile back, WAFF is extreme sap, romance that so corny that you can't help but roll your eyes. WAFF is to sap as yaoi is to slash, it's just that WAFF and yaoi are for anime stories only. It's because those words originated in the anime fiction world and not in other fandoms, though I think you should be able to use them in any fandom.

I wouldn't call my two stories thus far "extreme" sap, but they are romance tales. One might argue that pretty much everything we all do here is just silliness, now that I think about it. No idea whether my stories qualify. Maybe someone can give me an unbiased opinion? Linky.

In any case, thank you, shinigamiinochi and maidenhair! :)