Click Here!

Unable to access site

Nerys Dax

I am asking a question for someone else (Ssserpensssotia). She no longer is able to access the main site and was wondering if you could help out.

She gets a blank page and the following:

"root 43 (some times 34) disabled

encrypting disabled."

It says the page is loaded... or rather... "done but with mistakes", but all she sees is a white screen.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Nerys Dax

This is the answer I got back from Serpie.

"I'm opearting XP in Hewlett Packard laptop.

What else,,,emm...the page is just blank ( the color of background on aff), and a triangle is the only thing I see. The triangle is yellow with the "!" sign and if I click, it says "Done, but with mistakes" for Explorer and Mozilla is JUST blank.

Then, if I refresh, it says "Root 34/43 disabled, encrypting failure or (sometimes) disabled"

that's it. I don't know an yhting else..."

So, I hope this is enough information. If it is her operating system, would installing windows XP a new not help?

It actually sounds like she needs to make some adjustments to her browser. IE, Firefox, or both. I run Vista on one machine, XP Pro on the other, and can't for the life of me duplicate this error.

Have her check her security options for both browsers, and make sure there isn't something off there.

Also, with the database repair, there are times where any ONE of you may experience a page load difficulty at random. When THAT happens, I'm running a db utility after doing a lot of work to make sure the tables are all functioning as they should. Since your friend is indicating that the background color draws, it could very well be that she's had the misfortune of trying to connect exactly when I've been running the utility. This only takes about 5 minutes tho, so would not create a consistent draw problem.

Okay, I'll send her a copy of what you said. Thanks for looking into it.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a security issue on her end. She had them before and that time it also showed first on your site for some reason.

The weirdest part of all is that I send her a link of a story on AFFnet the other day, and through my link she could acces the site - but if she typed the address herself she got a blank page. Strange.

Edited by Nerys Dax

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.