Click Here!

I have a small concern about my story

Hello all. I've recently become a member of this website and have already published my first story, Hopeless Shotacon in the original section of the archive. I already have two chapters for it up right now. However, that's not the topic I want to discuss. My concern is with how it will go over with the userbase.

You see, my concern is over how most people will react to what I intend to write in the story. My main concern is that I plan to take serious approaches to topics that I have seen used as fetishes in many other stories. Topics such as child abuse and neglect are discussed at different points. I know, ironic that I would take a serious approach to this in a story about a woman whos character is built around her lust for children. But regardless, I'm worried that the tones I'm going for in these scenes may be lost due to the amount of content that uses these topics for sexual appeal.

Another concern I have is that some people may find that there is a lack of actual sex scenes in the story. At the time of writing this I am working on the third chapter, and as of a majority of it is focused on the main character meeting and interacting with her partner in the chapter. I will admit that my intake of stories on this website has been rather limited, but most of my favorite stories on here spend most of their time with the sex and less on stuff such as character interactions/development. Which is not a bad thing at all, it's just not what I'm writing.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this matter, as it's something I've been worried about for a few days now.

(By the way, I am in no way trying to talk down on those who enjoy stories that use the topics mentioned as their main attraction, I simply believe that their large use in that way may not bode well for my differing take on them)

Edited by aduckthatcancluck

As someone that does not focus mainly on sex in their stories, I will tell you that you may get those that bemoan the lack of sex. Hell some may even try to tell you that your story doesn't belong on an adult website but I'm here to tell you that AFF welcomes all types of stories. There are plenty of people in the world and everyone has a different taste in reading, you will find readers that appreciate your work.

The first thing you have to do is thicken your skin and be prepared to ignore those that read your story and then have the balls to tell you that you wrote it wrong just because it doesn't fit their perception of what they think this sort of story should be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you don't necessarily have to listen to them. Stay your course and don't let the nay sayers bring you down.

The other thing is that you may want to make a thread where you can discuss your story with the readers who are interested in hearing what you have to say. Sometimes you get a better insight into what the readers are thinking when it's not a review type thing but instead engage them in a discussion.

As far as content goes, as long as you tag your story appropriately, people will already know what they are stepping into and should not be surprised if the issue of say, abuse, is brought up. If they read it and get upset even though they were warned, that is not your problem. People need to take responsibility for their own choices and if they don't heed the warnings and proceed anyway and then get upset, well what can you do? Some people just live to have their buttons pushed.

Post the story you want, tag it the way the ToS tells you to and see what happens, you might be surprised.

CL