Click Here!

Farewell, Bill Gates!

Guest Jaxxy

Guest Jaxxy

Wow.

Yesterday, June 27, 2008, Bill Gates was reported to have decided to step down as Chairman of Microsoft in July.

Is this one of those things like when The Beatles broke up?

The end-of-a-generation kind of feeling probably isn't as poignant, if it's there at all, but me, I've got to wonder what this means for the future of your everyday PC user. I know that I wouldn't have been interested in learning to use the Internet if Windows hadn't made it so damned easy.

There are very many complaints about Windows Vista, and Windows XP is apparently on the brink of being "Out of Date" (though I'm not entirely sure what that means). I've got to wonder if, without Bill, MS will be able to continue to be the bridge between the average end-user and the world.

It's a hum-dinger to me, anyway, and I'm not sure how I feel. I'm pretty much an "organic" type of person -- not too spiritually invested in the world of Technology -- but I feel something... like, a little nervous and a little sad. One thing's for sure: It's history in the making.

I wonder what he'll do next?

heh.

maybe with his retirement, the ones at MicroShit who make stupid determinations like killing a perfectly good OS will rethink it. Hey, maybe they'll even release one that's relatively bug free, rather than having us all pay for an application that would be still considered in beta status by any other software company.

Guest Jaxxy
heh.

maybe with his retirement, the ones at MicroShit who make stupid determinations like killing a perfectly good OS will rethink it. Hey, maybe they'll even release one that's relatively bug free, rather than having us all pay for an application that would be still considered in beta status by any other software company.

No reason to hedge the issue, DG -- tell us how you really feel! -had a good laugh-

But really, people like you would know about this far more than people like me. You're the Internet... I'm two tin cans attached by string. :yahoo:

So is Bill Gates leaving Microsoft... good?