Click Here!

Angsty Bumblebee?

Kettle

So I wrote a fanfic where Optimus Prime and Bumblebee hook up casually (in my fics, Autobots get together casually for fun and/or comfort). It was originally a one-shot but I was thinking of going further with it and exploring the relationship that develops. The only problem is that it involves some Bumblebee angst. It's not overboard - he doesn't take a circular saw to his wrists while listening to The Black Parade on a continuous loop or anything - but I'm just worried that people won't buy an angsty Bumblebee when he's normally pretty happy-go-lucky, especially since the fic is set in G1 canon. I really need a second opinion on this.

The angsting will involve a small amount of crying and some comfort sex, if that makes any difference.

Yes, I did notice the words "Angst" and "Bumblebee" in your topic title.

First of all, it depends what he's getting angsty about. As long as it's not something really stupid and petty... well, you know how it is. Miserable git characters will get miserable about just about anything. Bumblebee wouldn't get miserable about something like a bad day, or somebody calling him a name, or getting beat up in a Decepticon/Autobot battle. He'd need something big and extended to happen - something that really makes him feel bad and stretches over time.

Something like... I don't know... I'll guess at him loving his boss and being turned down by Optimus himself because of something that he can't help.

So, like I was saying, it's gotta be something big. If it's big, then it warrants getting unhappy about it.

Also, I'll be watching anything you turn out, as well as still making my offers for us to team up and turn out something really amazing and dirty.

He'd need something big and extended to happen - something that really makes him feel bad and stretches over time.

Something like... I don't know... I'll guess at him loving his boss and being turned down by Optimus himself because of something that he can't help.

Yeah, the angst has to do with his relationship with Prime - there are aspects to it that Bumblebee's uncomfortable with and there are issues because of the disparity in rank between them etc. He also doesn't "act out" because of his unhappiness; it's something he internalises for most of the fic.

Also, I'll be watching anything you turn out, as well as still making my offers for us to team up and turn out something really amazing and dirty.

Cool, thanks!

Edited by Kettle