Click Here!

Hung Out to Cry Review Replies by NecroNOMNOMicon

NecroNOMNOMicon

This is the thread in which I will discuss my story "Hung Out to Cry" -- the final fate of the Little Match Girl.

Read the story here: http://books.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095507

JayDee is first in line...

JayDee 2015-07-05 id # 3000043586 "The Wood of Suicides has changed since my last visit to hell. I remember it as a tiny grove. Now it resembles a forest." ~The Sandman.This drabble's about as dark and bleak as it gets. Can there be no redemption for the girl? No hope at all? Well, not everybody gets a happy ending. Certainly not when I'm writing. Perhaps the prompts will show mercy... You've really got the horror vibe nailed though, it's a really spooky 100 words.

Sadly, there really is no redemption for her. In fact, things actually get worse, if Dante is to be believed! On Judgment Day, when all dead souls are reunited with their bodies, the Suicides don't get to reinhabit them. Instead, their bodies are hung on the trees and tangled in the branches -- so close and yet so far... The reason: "You didn't want your body in life, so you can't have it now!" :cry:

I'm really glad you got a sense of horror, since that fate seems so terrible to me. Happy I was able to impart that vibe!

-NecroNOMNOMicon :Eye:

Another review for my little drabble...

BronxWench 2015-07-07 id # 3000043588 Lovely, bloodthirsty as ever, and very deftly done! The prompts blended in so well, and this was a perfect little continuation of the Match Girl's trials. ::applauds::

Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :2tubs:

I was trying to think of something off-the-wall for the latest prompts when it suddenly occurred to me that there are harpies in hell, and when I double-checked that they are in the Wood of Suicides, it all fell together. (Shame on Hans Christian Andersen for white-washing the story!) :spank2:

-Necro

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.