Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Guest Bruce

and i agree with some one who said to skip ahead some time,if not, almost next half chapter may need to cover just the people reactions to situation and Jack's hospital treatments etc etc.may be skip a week or two when dust has slightly settled.Don will be careful in a week or two.after that he may use same number as he operates the ring with that number.so it will be logical.

If the ring goes down,Craig can use Jack's heroism in favor of his compain and Jessica will lose.

I think Jack would rather get beaten up again than hear Craig rambling about how he's going to use Jack's 'heroism' to promote his campaign lmao

Does anyone think Mr. Owens could be the head of the prostitution ring?

Not really. I think he's just one of those slightly weird and unique teachers that we've all had at one time or another. He obviously loves his job.

I've got a feeling about Mrs. Karlow, however. She ended rehearsal ten minutes early ("for reasons that are my own") which was perfect timing for Jack to make his meeting with Don. Strange and weird.

Guest Bruce

Not really. I think he's just one of those slightly weird and unique teachers that we've all had at one time or another. He obviously loves his job.

I've got a feeling about Mrs. Karlow, however. She ended rehearsal ten minutes early ("for reasons that are my own") which was perfect timing for Jack to make his meeting with Don. Strange and weird.

Good shout there! Mrs. Karlow definitely seems dodgy, although I still wonder whether if Ms. Cartwright is still around. Maybe they both are involved in this?

Good shout there! Mrs. Karlow definitely seems dodgy, although I still wonder whether if Ms. Cartwright is still around. Maybe they both are involved in this?

I certainly hope so! Joe Long and I are waiting breathless for Ms. Cartwright to reappear. :drool:

Thoughts on the chapter.

Technically, there was a little too much 'telling' for my tastes in explaining the time jump. jashley is usually very good at breaking the fourth wall, speaking directly to the readers. It was funny at first but seemed to go too long. Otherwise, everything was the normal level of splendid.

I miss Rhona. She needs to get over Jack sometime soon.

The end was tough to read. I know what it's like to be obsessed and act compulsively. Kayla threatened to break up with him, but Jack acted anyway - and paid dearly for it. I'm sure Kayla still loves Jack, but she is also probably disgusted with him at the same time. I expect she'll be there in sympathy while seriously considering leaving him.

Also, the story has, except for Coach Walburn's suicide, been very internal, almost never spilling beyond Jack and Kayla's families and friends. The police will have to investigate Jack's beating, and he will need to tell them why it happened. Don knew he needed his muscle to keep anyone from even trying what Jack did, and once he acted there was little else they could have done - but Jack's injuries demand the police be involved. What happened to him be in the news, and the ring may become public knowledge. The ring might want further revenge on Jack.

And, not just Kayla, but what will all the rest of Jack's crew think? Belle will be like, "Wait a minute - you wanted to save me because you thought I was a prostitute? You fucking pig!" The other's reactions may not be much better.

The other's reactions may not be much better.

His friends' reactions aside for the moment, I'm far more interested in how Jack's parents will react to all this. After Hannah and Mike get over their hysterics, they are going to be big-league pissed when they find out what he's been up to. What do you think they might do? Ground him indefinitely? Make him quit GameStop? Give his car to Allan? Yeah, Jack's in the dog house.

I can't help but think that Don overplayed his hand. His operation depends on low profile and his two thugs threw that right out the window. They probably would have been better off if Jack had gotten away with the catalogue. As stated before, I don't think it's a very strong piece of evidence by itself. Even if Karen is identified and questioned, so what? She and Jack didn't engage in sex. Now, however, Don and his two pals have to realize that they will be facing felony assault charges and may get desperate.

As far as the group is concerned, I'm going to predict that this incident will help heal the Fracture and get things back to normal. I hope I'm right.

I also hope that Jack gets his bandages off in time for Opening Night! :)

Guest Dark

His friends' reactions aside for the moment, I'm far more interested in how Jack's parents will react to all this. After Hannah and Mike get over their hysterics, they are going to be big-league pissed when they find out what he's been up to. What do you think they might do? Ground him indefinitely? Make him quit GameStop? Give his car to Allan? Yeah, Jack's in the dog house.

I can't help but think that Don overplayed his hand. His operation depends on low profile and his two thugs threw that right out the window. They probably would have been better off if Jack had gotten away with the catalogue. As stated before, I don't think it's a very strong piece of evidence by itself. Even if Karen is identified and questioned, so what? She and Jack didn't engage in sex. Now, however, Don and his two pals have to realize that they will be facing felony assault charges and may get desperate.

As far as the group is concerned, I'm going to predict that this incident will help heal the Fracture and get things back to normal. I hope I'm right.

I also hope that Jack gets his bandages off in time for Opening Night! :)

I hope you're right too but the pessimist in me is almost screaming that Jack will make things worse in the next chapter before they can get better in the chapter after. This is assuming we have two chapters left in the saga, which, if i recall, we do. With how long the chapters are, a lot can happen in a short time. Which is why i was confused about the time length before the two month skip. As for normal, the only reason I believe Jack made friends with Joe and not Sam is because Joe is his last remaining childhood friend. After Brad, i cannot blame him for wanting to keep things the same as much as possible. For Rhona's reaction to Jack being, well Jack, I figure, for the most part, she's right. She didn't have to deball him to make her point but even so she was more right than him. As for being wrong, Jack was more in the wrong (discounting the attempted removal of his manhood) as even he believes she has to make it right with him. Basically, they both need to shove their pride and make up. Any thoughts as to the whole Rhona-Jack situation.

That's exactly what i thought.

The 'muscle' was there to prevent anyone from trying what Jack did. They were reacting, not thinking. Things may get messy.

Guest Dark

That's exactly what i thought.

The 'muscle' was there to prevent anyone from trying what Jack did. They were reacting, not thinking. Things may get messy.

And by messy, it could be "pipe-bomb" messy. Especially in an area where they know Jack passes through more times in the day than any. Who could place such a bomb? Well, since the only one from the ring who really knows Jack is Matt, it could happen. Or it could be someone else. Or something else could happen. Let's see.

And by messy, it could be "pipe-bomb" messy. Especially in an area where they know Jack passes through more times in the day than any. Who could place such a bomb? Well, since the only one from the ring who really knows Jack is Matt, it could happen. Or it could be someone else. Or something else could happen. Let's see.

Pipe bombs, body parts messy. I heard a rumor there might be more deaths before the tale is over.

I've been off and on, and actually forgot to get a read in on the chapter until today.

I've been thinking about what happened for a while. And what I've found is that Jack just really doesn't know when to stop. There have been times in my life where I've gotten myself in too deep and kept going. But there's always been a point where I've broken. Jack goes farther than the breaking point. It's ignorance, hubris, stubbornness. It pisses me off. I hope the end of the chapter is Jack's breaking point. Do I expect it? No. But I really, really hope that it is. Do I think he'll be back at it again at some point in the not so distant future? Most definitely.

The end was brutal. Kayla, of course without really saying it, broke up with Jack. Or was nearly there. He took the seemingly the worst beating of his life, and was left alone. My question is, he said someone had counted on him to help them. Who? Belle? We still don't even know that she's in anyway involved.

He also asked who will help him. My prediction: Joe.

My wildcard: Belle.

My inconceivable: Brad. (I'm really a fan of him showing up at Jack's greatest time of need.)

Pipe bombs, body parts messy. I heard a rumor there might be more deaths before the tale is over.

As much as I enjoy the thought of threat and drama, I really don't like this. Because who dies? What character is the one to go. An innocent bystander?

In my opinion, it'd have to be an established character. It'd feel cheap to bring back or create a new one just to kill them. So is it Jack or Kayla. Very unlikely. A sibling? A parent? Craig, Becca, Belle? I just don't like it.

Edited by thismy

I've been thinking about what happened for a while. And what I've found is that Jack just really doesn't know when to stop. There have been times in my life where I've gotten myself in too deep and kept going. But there's always been a point where I've broken. Jack goes farther than the breaking point. It's ignorance, hubris, stubbornness. It pisses me off. I hope the end of the chapter is Jack's breaking point. Do I expect it? No. But I really, really hope that it is. Do I think he'll be back at it again at some point in the not so distant future? Most definitely.

This may well be Jack's breaking point, but I fear it has set events in motion that are now beyond his control. Even if Jack does nothing more than lay in a hospital bed, things will continue to escalate before they calm down.

This may well be Jack's breaking point, but I fear it has set events in motion that are now beyond his control. Even if Jack does nothing more than lay in a hospital bed, things will continue to escalate before they calm down.

What do you think will happen? I mean, I'm inclined to agree that things may happen beyond him, but what specifically.

Will Kayla break it off? Will she be attacked? Will the prostitution ring drawl in law enforcement, causing them to turn more harshly on Jack?

Will Kayla break it off? Will she be attacked? Will the prostitution ring drawl in law enforcement, causing them to turn more harshly on Jack?

I think Kayla will consider it. My wife has told me, "I love you, but right now I don't like you." I think Kayla will have that type of moment. Sympathy for his condition, disgust at his actions. She will have to consider whether it's worth staying, if he doesn't show signs of changing.

I don't think Belle will react well at all if she finds out Jack thought she was a prostitute. And Matt...

I don't see any way that law enforcement is not drawn in. I think Don's security reacted without thinking through the consequences, and now find themselves desperately needing to lay low lest they get hit with felony assault. They may very well want revenge for being put in that situation (as well as likely out of business.)

Guest Delta 4

as many of us have been suggesting that Rhona has a secret crush on Jack.When Jack told her about his breackage with Kyla and she got her hopes up.especially with gamecon ahead she thought there may be spark between her and Jack.but when Jack told her the real story she was pissed beyond limits because her hopes were also crushed.

Yes, I think that Rhona has a crush on Jack, and his being taken is one of the things that makes him off limits for her - but also that she's a college graduate and he's only a high school junior.

Rhona has a difficult personality. There's not many men who can take her (for more than a roll under the blankets) and Jack is one of them. She wants a relationship and puts a high value on them, including Jack and Kayla's. She sees it as a big character flaw in Jack to casually broadcast in public that they may be broken up. Jack wasn't taking his relationship with Kayla seriously enough for Rhona's tastes, and therefor wasn't the man Rhona thought he was.

Once again, disappointed by a man.

Guest Dark

This was prostitution! Human-trafficking if you wanted to get really nasty about it!

http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/02/homeland-security-la-police-team-up-to-a

I'll just give my five cents about this. I may not agree with a lot of what is on that site, but the author was right. In that case, the women were selling themselves, which is different from trafficking in which the women (and men) as well as others (children) are taken by force and sold "to the highest bidder", key phrasing "by force". I could be wrong and we have disagreed on a lot, but on this, i think we can agree with the article. Now, off topic: Wondering if Jack will actually pull his head from his rear before he makes things worse than they are.

I'll just give my five cents about this. I may not agree with a lot of what is on that site, but the author was right. In that case, the women were selling themselves,

Oh, I love that site!

But to this point, when Karen gave her speech to Jack I suspected that the author's personal opinion may have been more her's than Jack's, and made the comment that "perhaps jashley has been reading some Elizabeth Nolan Brown." Today I saw that ENB had written another article which was a good illustration. Jack's reaction was based on the public perception that is given to us by those in power, which may not be the reality that Karen spoke to.

Guest Dark

Oh, I love that site!

But to this point, when Karen gave her speech to Jack I suspected that the author's personal opinion may have been more her's than Jack's, and made the comment that "perhaps jashley has been reading some Elizabeth Nolan Brown." Today I saw that ENB had written another article which was a good illustration. Jack's reaction was based on the public perception that is given to us by those in power, which may not be the reality that Karen spoke to.

Speaking of Jack's perception, could it be at this point the whole "take down the ring" has become more about him than "saving people"? I mean, it has happened before when Jack has tried to help people and it eventually became about what he wanted instead of what they wanted. Jack is human after all but even so, he is portraying himself, in some way, as this goody-goody white knight who wants to help people and maybe get something out of it (namely thanks for his help and recognition). Not necessarily a bad thing, but it brings to mind that maybe, Brad was right about Jack, on some level. Tell me if i am wrong.

Now, off topic: Wondering if Jack will actually pull his head from his rear before he makes things worse than they are.

Good question. Jack has been re-doubling his efforts after having lost sight of his goals. It's quite common behaviour in our society. No one ever wants to admit to being wrong. Some folks will just tune everything out and charge forward, completely ignoring the evidence that what they are doing is a failure or destructive or hurtful. It remains to be seen whether Jack got some sense beat into him.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.