Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Great chapter. Very emotional. No wonder you said it took a lot out of you. By the way, congrats on 50 chapters. Been reading since the blue site. Looking forward to another 50 chapters. The story line is strong enough to support it. Just gotta say, Jack needs to get his head out of his ass and start taking care of Kayla. If not he'll lose her. I know this story is titled she's the one, but there are several female characters. And, she's the one could mean the one that got away. Which will happen if Jack doesn't get his shit together.

She is the One could mean that, in the end, Jack and Kayla get married. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll always stay together. As we've seen, Jack pushed Kayla to the point where she seemingly broke off their relationship. It doesn't help after the "break-up", Jack got the shit beaten out of him and what little evidence he had is now gone. So now he's back to square zero. As for gathering any evidence, I'm sure Matt will be notified of what happened and do what he can to dissuade Jack. As for what effect the break up has on Jack, it wouldn't be shocking to see Jack burn even more bridges, causing even more fractures, as Becca and Craig as well as Alan and Amanda will notice Kayla being distant from Jack not to mention the wounds Jack has. Cannot wait to see how he'll explain that.

And..you've made Jack even more unlikable as a character...

Good chapter, but christ...

It seems he'll become more unlikeable before he goes back to being the likeable Jack we all know and love. Now, maybe things are as worse for Jack as they can be and cannot get any worse, but then again, we still have, what, two chapters before the saga's done? A lot can happen in those two chapters, depending on the timescale the chapters use. Personally, i'll be surprised if Jack doesn't make things worse than what they are now. Also, like I've said before, I cannot see any way for Jack to explain how he, to put it lightly, got his ass kicked without revealing what he's been doing.

"Mrs. Karlow, on the other hand, would only leave the stage when we were about to run the scene. She called it constructing the play from the inside. Sounded like something she picked up in college but hey, it was something new. And how could you not appreciate a director who was willing to get up onstage with the actors, seeing the play from their point-of-view instead of at a tiny table at the far end of the auditorium?"

Is that not common? The three directors I've worked with all do it like that...

Interesting chapter by the way, curious to see how this all pans out!

(I haven't finished the chapter yet)

[MILD SPOILERS]

So I'm reading and thinking, "Wow, Joe must be really getting behind, it's near the end of April and the story's still in January...when all of a sudden,

"Two months later..."

Haha

It was still in January before the time skip? Huh. Thought it was February before. So, it's now the middle of March or towards the beginning of April. Sorry if I seem confused.

Guest Bruce

Just found out about this forum a few days ago, and I must admit I have read all 3000+ replies, dating back to October 2014! Yikes, that's a while ago.

And I must first and foremost say that Joe has a done an absolutely mindblowingly splendid job with SITO. I read his chapter 1 wayyy back in 2014 when it was first published in xnxx, and yeah, it's been a wonderful journey that I'm delighted to be part of. As a reader from Britain, it is very interesting for me to compare what happens in this story to what would happen here, along with the fact that I have to google some of the American terminology such as 'Sophomore', etc. Yeah I had to google the American Education system as well, so that I could mirror the British version in my head. Over the course, I have learnt a lot about American life.

As for the recent chapter, chapter 50, contrary to the opinion that is 'Jack is stupid' - I have a lot of sympathy and empathy for the guy. Let's stand in his shoes and have a look at his life so far:

• No one has seemed to pick this up, maybe cause it's not that much of a deal, but the whole triplets/twins thing, for me, makes Jack feel like the odd one out. You have the 'twins' and then you have Jack. Sometimes I forget that these are triplets. So very early on, we see that Jack is, let's say...'isolated'. I mean you have the twins named Alan and Amanda, then you have Jack. It's a bit of a disconnection really, for me.
  • Then his first sucker punch, he finds out that the twins are fucking each other. I mean, that is already a rare thing someone has to experience, and this further reinforces how alone he is, all in his little world. I'm pretty sure in the end of chapter 1, he cries himself to sleep, because of that.
  • So already at the beginning, he has had quite a fucked up start. Then he has to deal with the fact that his enemy has taken his crush, his love. That's demoralising for anyone, let alone a guy who feels lonely and then has to deal with this.
  • Then things start to get brighter, good things happen. Jack and Kayla get together, Jack has sex for the first time. But even in the midst of that happiness, something had to go wrong: The Homecoming fight. This guy just can't catch a break.
  • Then the Brad thing happens. Jack loses one of his best mates. Life is really starting to hate Jack.
  • Balanced out by making friends with Craig, Becca and Belle, I suppose. But the Brad Saga is going to be on his mind forever.
  • Oh, back to his homelife, the twins get caught fucking. Takes a toll on Jack emotionally because he has to do something. Could argue that he did a bit too much to help but nevertheless, he tried to help and in the end that backfired (with the help of his parents). Alan and Amanda are no more. So he feels bad, he cries, and he does, in the arms of Kayla.
  • Coach Walburn. Do I need to say more?
  • Tara comes and causes a blip in his relationship with Kayla.
  • Then over the summer their relationship gets even more fucked up (Thanks Tara!). You have 1 of the few constants in Jack's life, someone that has been there for him through everything, and Jack has to deal with that potentially breaking. I mean, you really have to feel sorry for him. Yeah he overthinks a lot, sometimes that leads to the bad, but given his life so far, I don't blame him.
  • Then at the end of the summer holidays, the group seemed to have settled, everyone is happy blah blah. 'Happy' and 'Jack'? LOL
  • So he then finds out the other constant in his life, Joe Hayes, caused the fracture of the group, with Sam. He finds his best mate cheating on his gf with his sister's bf. Just pretend to be Jack and just think about that. Yes he should've maybe told Belle when he first found out, but he's only human, he gives them another chance and they fuck that up. It fucks Jack up.
  • Gets knocked out by Becca. Fantastic.
  • Then this Prostitution ring. Jeez, if Jack hasn't had a normal highschool life so far, I don't know what to call this. Along with his voyeur sessions.
  • Things seemingly get better, becomes friends again with the others apart from Belle and Sam.
  • And then he gets reminded of the voyeur he is again after a while. Gets reminded about the prostitution ring. This is not normal for a highschooler.
  • Then he loses a friend in Rhona because he pursued this. Almost lost his gf because of this.
  • At this point, he could be thinking rationally or irrationally about Belle and being in the ring. It doesn't matter, because whatever he thinks, all of it is affected by his past experience. An experience that makes me truly feel sorry for Jack. And then he gets knocked out, brutally.

Jack is sometimes an idiot, sure, but the person he is today, the way he thinks today, have all been shaped up by his highschool life so far.. A highschool life so far that is not healthy for the sane mind.. A highschool life so far that is pretty much doom and gloom for the most part of it.

A highschool that looks as if, is going to be doom and gloom for the most part of the foreseeable future.

He had no control over this doom and gloom in the past.

He won't have control over this doom and gloom in the future.

Welcome Bruce. Very nice synopsis of Jack's high school experience so far. I liked reading your post and it did shed a different light on Jack in my eyes.

However, while I would have to agree that a person's environment has a great deal to do with who the person is, I believe the choices we make dictate who we truly are. Jack has got to wake up and see how self-destructive his behavior is.

By chasing the prostitution ring, that Belle may or may not be a part of, Jack has managed to alienate Amanda and Rhonda along with flossing out on the gaming conference. He may not have lost Kayla yet, but he's on the brink of doing that.

If I were Jack, I would have never gone back to Don to find out more. I would have gotten down on my knees and begged Kayla for forgiveness for lying to her.

Let's see how it all plays out.

Guest Bruce

Cheers Bill, glad my post has helped you see Jack in a different perspective.

And I agree that Jack is behaving in a self-destructive manner. Which is why I feel sorry for him, because the poor lad has had to resort to this after everything. Whilst he should realise the fact that he's losing others around him, the question is: Will he realise in time, or will he realise after the consequences have happened, e.g. his biggest fear of Kayla breaking up with him. Maybe be this brutal beating up of him will help him realise faster, help him realise that sometimes, he has to take a step back and let things happen the way they happen. And go back to make sure things with Kayla is sorted (again).

But the curiousity in me wants Jack, despite him getting beaten up, to not give up and continue with the search of this Ring.

And given Jack's behaviour over the whole course of SITO, and his emotional state, that is exactly what I think he'll do. Unless Kayla asks him the ultimatum:

"Do you want to go ahead and do this, or do you want me to still be your gf?"

And even then, I wouldn't be overly shocked (surprised, yes), if Jack turns around and goes with his search.

Cheers Bill, glad my post has helped you see Jack in a different perspective.

And I agree that Jack is behaving in a self-destructive manner. Which is why I feel sorry for him, because the poor lad has had to resort to this after everything. Whilst he should realise the fact that he's losing others around him, the question is: Will he realise in time, or will he realise after the consequences have happened, e.g. his biggest fear of Kayla breaking up with him. Maybe be this brutal beating up of him will help him realise faster, help him realise that sometimes, he has to take a step back and let things happen the way they happen. And go back to make sure things with Kayla is sorted (again).

But the curiousity in me wants Jack, despite him getting beaten up, to not give up and continue with the search of this Ring.

And given Jack's behaviour over the whole course of SITO, and his emotional state, that is exactly what I think he'll do. Unless Kayla asks him the ultimatum:

"Do you want to go ahead and do this, or do you want me to still be your gf?"

And even then, I wouldn't be overly shocked (surprised, yes), if Jack turns around and goes with his search.

There's also the whole, "How will Jack be able to explain his ass-kicking without revealing anything about what he was doing investigating the prostitution ring?" Considering, in Jack's mind, Kayla almost dumped him before he got his face stomped in, such an event is bound to have an impact on him. If Kayla were to react in concern to finding out Jack is injured, Jack could end up lashing out and make things worse. Not to mention I feel one or both of his siblings will be able to get him to spill the details on what he has been doing and why he was beaten up, leading him to talking about the ring. Which could also lead to either or both siblings lecturing him on being so "stupid" and Jack lashing back at them, especially at Amanda if she were to lecture him about putting his relationship in jeopardy with Jack shooting back about how both her relationships failed and it was because of her, that, say, Alan and Sam were with her only for sex because there's "nothing else about her which is likeable"-Jack's possible words in anger, and in the case of Sam, him cheating on her with Joe was either due to A) She wasn't that good, or B) Wasn't going to put out. Either way, if Jack were to say something along those lines to her, let alone reveal to her Alan and Kelly are sleeping together, if she doesn't know already, which is possible, it could push her further into depression, and be another way Jack seems to be burning bridges before everything ends up alright. Honestly, the whole heated rant against Amanda Jack could have may not happen. Hopefully it doesn't, as things seem as worse as possible, but then again, it seems shit gets worse for Jack and co. before it gets better. Sorry for the long winded rant.

Guest Bruce

Dark, that's a nice line of thought there. If Jack lashes out to Amanda, then it's going to affect them both badly. Like really badly. The amount of knock on effects it'll have... Alan will be pissed, then Craig will notice it at college and be asking what's up, then Tara will be have to kept up to date... Jack either has to tell them what's going on and stop going after the Ring, or face the risk of losing everyone.

It was still in January before the time skip? Huh. Thought it was February before. So, it's now the middle of March or towards the beginning of April. Sorry if I seem confused.

They just switched classes after semester break, and hadn't gotten to Valentine's Day yet.

And..you've made Jack even more unlikable as a character...

Good chapter, but christ...

Nut I could relate. I'm not nearly as bad now, but that inner voice being so obsessed with something, even when the conscious mind tries to speak reason, I would do it anyway, telling myself, "No, no...no" the whole time.

Notes to jashley -

“We’re going to prom!”

Is prom a verb? It seemed very strange to never see a preposition placed before it. "...the prom."

Mrs. Hannigan, with heretofore unknown sexing prowess

Yeah, I do believe this is something we were unaware of

She hasn’t acted like a fucking fried to you

That's the only other typo I spotted

Guest Starkz

Notes to jashley -

“We’re going to prom!”

Is prom a verb? It seemed very strange to never see a preposition placed before it. "...the prom."

I think it is used in the same vein as "we're going to school!"

There's also the whole, "How will Jack be able to explain his ass-kicking without revealing anything about what he was doing investigating the prostitution ring?"

He won't be able to explain it. Good chapter, by the way! From the description of the beating we can assume that Jack has bruised or cracked ribs, broken bones in the hand that was holding the binder, head and face lacerations and maybe a dislocated jaw and/or missing teeth.

"Mom, really-- it's not as bad as it looks." (This should be Jack's signature line.)

Remember what I said about Jack being smart but having very little real-life experience? Well, he just got a crash course in 'real life' so let's hope he learns from it.

Anyway, the ring will soon be common knowledge since the beat-down happened on school property. If Jack is unable to talk, then Kayla will scream it to everyone. I wonder if the next chapter will open with Jack in the hospital or maybe the story will skip forward a month to when he is healed. :)

Guest Delta 4

i feel sorry for Jack.He is so soft hearted and has gentle soul.helping others going out of his way.Kyla was being mean when demanding him to stop persuing the ring but she was right.in real life we cant always help others while sacrificing our own beloved ones and our own desires.(to some extent one has to be some what mean in real life,or people will eat you away). But i love Jack for not so mean. If more humans like him walking on earth,it would be eutopia. Solute to you Jack.You should not regret what ever you have done

I can't believe Jack didn't memorize the phone number or write it down on a piece of paper.

You're right. Jack is supposed to have a near-photographic memory. Could the phone number (and license plate) still be on the SIM card of Jack's cell? Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to comment.

You're right. Jack is supposed to have a near-photographic memory. Could the phone number (and license plate) still be on the SIM card of Jack's cell? Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to comment.

It was a blocked number so it wouldn't have been shown at all, and the licence plate would have been on the hard drive, so depending on how bad the damage is it may be recoverable, if you wanted to put the effort in.

It was a blocked number so it wouldn't have been shown at all, and the licence plate would have been on the hard drive, so depending on how bad the damage is it may be recoverable, if you wanted to put the effort in.

I could be wrong, but couldn't the phone number and license plate be changed to throw off anyone on their tracks (not that anyone is aware of this other than Jack, Kayla, and Matt-though he's more or less working for them).

Guest Delta 4

i dont know Jack was using Android or Apple phone.but if its android all contacts are stored and automatically backed up at Goolge servers.as soon as we log on with same username,all the contacts are automatically downloaded to that new phone/sim.So may be Jack has't lost Don's number.with number police can easily trace its GPS location and arrest him.(i hope Don thinks that he destroyed phone and wont change his Sim card). Another benifit if he was using android because by default photos go memory card,and that tiny thing is hard to break if it was in the phone.so the pics will also be there.

Ring will be history and Jack's effort wont be in vain.and Kyla will accept our hero with open arms :)

Rhona will be impressed too.and the people ....Ho Boy....

am i being too optimistic? :P

Guest Delta 4

and i agree with some one who said to skip ahead some time,if not, almost next half chapter may need to cover just the people reactions to situation and Jack's hospital treatments etc etc.may be skip a week or two when dust has slightly settled.Don will be careful in a week or two.after that he may use same number as he operates the ring with that number.so it will be logical.

If the ring goes down,Craig can use Jack's heroism in favor of his compain and Jessica will lose.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.