Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

True enough. Jack had better be sure that Kayla is kept completely in the loop from this point on. If things are going to go south then total honesty will be his best defense in case anyone tries to set him up.

Considering what happened in this chapter, it's safe to say it will be surprising if Kayla doesn't go nuclear on Jack for lying to her. Forget Rhona's reaction and 'Karen's' reaction, which was justified. Jack's white knight activities will bite him in the ass, not to mention the whole debacle between Amanda and her reaction to Alan and Kelly sleeping together will not help manners.

Considering what happened in this chapter, it's safe to say it will be surprising if Kayla doesn't go nuclear on Jack for lying to her. Forget Rhona's reaction and 'Karen's' reaction, which was justified. Jack's white knight activities will bite him in the ass, not to mention the whole debacle between Amanda and her reaction to Alan and Kelly sleeping together will not help manners.

Jack's depending on 'Karen' to keep her mouth shut to avoid getting beaten to a pulp by the pimp.

Rhona's totally pissed at him.

He'll be back together with Kayla but Alan and Amanda won't understand the 'break' unless Jack explains everything, and he saw how well that worked with Rhona.

Haven't read very far into the chapter at all, but it seems as though Jack is under the assumption that all of the girls are in a bad situation and don't want to participate. As Rhona said, some girls are willing to leave their dignity at the door for some denero. It's their choice.

Guest Starkz

This chapter was so well written, it physically hurt.

There will be a time when everyone Jack knows will ditch him, except for Kayla.

Jack might ruin Kayla's social life if this shit doesn't get nipped out in the bud.

This chapter was so well written, it physically hurt.

There will be a time when everyone Jack knows will ditch him, except for Kayla.

Jack might ruin Kayla's social life if this shit doesn't get nipped out in the bud.

I'm inclined to agree. What Jack is doing is going to get him emotionally and probable physically hurt. Rhona's anger was on point. It was brutal, and from what Jashley has said, I'm not sure we've got an end in sight. I spend time reading the chapter(s) wishing Jack would just wise up, but turn after turn, he fucks it up. He's got problems, and needs to forget about some things.

Really, Jack needs to stop giving so many fucks. Not everything is his problem, not everything is his business. Maybe after all this, he'll emerge better for it. But maybe not, and I certainly don't think it will have been worth it, no matter the result.

Guest diabound

Main reason why I absolutely hate Jack as a character. Geniunely hoping he gets beaten/stabbed, because he deserves it. Very unlikable protagonist, but so well written it makes me hate him :P

Main reason why I absolutely hate Jack as a character. Genuinely hoping he gets beaten/stabbed, because he deserves it. Very unlikable protagonist, but so well written it makes me hate him :P

i know. He seems to be either lying to or pissing off the women he talks to. As for the whole thing of him finding Alan and Kelly together and Amanda's reaction...yeah, that's not going to go well. As for Rhona, hope he works it out 'cause unless she can be professional with him, then work at Gamestop will end up adding to the shit he's, unfortunately, piled onto himself.

i know. He seems to be either lying to or pissing off the women he talks to. As for the whole thing of him finding Alan and Kelly together and Amanda's reaction...yeah, that's not going to go well. As for Rhona, hope he works it out 'cause unless she can be professional with him, then work at Gamestop will end up adding to the shit he's, unfortunately, piled onto himself.

Wait did I miss Amanda's reaction or has it just not happened yet and people are prediciting it?

Wait did I miss Amanda's reaction or has it just not happened yet and people are prediciting it?

There was a brief mention towards the end of the section where Jack was peeping on Kelly and Alan having sex about Amanda crying or hearing her cry.

Guest The Bees Knees

There was a brief mention towards the end of the section where Jack was peeping on Kelly and Alan having sex about Amanda crying or hearing her cry.

Jack was curious as to why Amanda's bedroom door was closed and was thinking that she could possibly be home. We don't know for sure if she was even home.

Jack was curious as to why Amanda's bedroom door was closed and was thinking that she could possibly be home. We don't know for sure if she was even home.

Fair point. We'll just have to wait and see.

If Amanda wasn't home then she was somewhere with Helena. If she was at home with the door closed, then maybe she had Helena in there with her. Remember Jack's off-the-cuff remark, "What about girls?"

I agree with the previous comments about Jack acting like an ass. He has a talent for pissing off girls because he expects them all to be 'reasonable' like Kayla and, of course, they aren't. If Karen opens her mouth then Jack is in for a beat-down. Don the Pimp surprised me-- I thought sure it would have been Evan running the girls. Another thing was the catalogue being an actual loose-leaf binder and not on a tablet. Maybe Don is old-fashioned or doesn't trust technology. I don't think it would be very good evidence unless one ore more of the girls came forward-- and if Karen is any example that isn't going to happen.

Whether he intended to or not, I think jashley has touched on something very important in our culture today. Perhaps he's been reading Elizabeth Nolan Brown.

Jack sensed that his friend (or former friend) Belle was in some sort of distress. He was also aware of a prostitution ring working his school. Jack is a white knight who can't stand to see people suffer, so dfter thinking about it, Jack concluded there was a fair chance that Bellle was involved with the ring, because of course prostitution is bad, so he set out to find the evidence.

The problem that Jack fell into was assuming that he knew enough about these different things to act, such as one group must have been victims, some other must be the perps, and if he doesn't rush in to save them, who will?

It reminded me of a video I saw recently, probably on Twitter. A guy with a camera went up to an attractive young lady who was protesting something while holding a Mexican flag. He asked her what she thought would happen if American went to protest in Mexico, and she admitted it likely wouldn't go well. Now, I'm the kind of guy who likes intellectual honesty and consistency in political debates, whether I agree with you or not, so I'm cool with these kinds of interactions, and believe both sides can learn from them. At that moment some middle aged white woman with a head full of gray hair pushed the guy back, screaming at him, "Leave her alone - you're just a fucking white guy, what do you know?"

Jack was this activist woman charging into the situation. She assumed that because the guy with the camera was white and male then he must have certain attitudes and agendas. She also assumed the teen girl was helpless and needed her defense. In my opinion, the activist only made an ass out of herself, with thousands of people laughing at her when they watch the video.

It's not all Jack's fault. We're told that prostitution is always bad and the women are abused. I believe that is true a large amount of the time - but at the same time realize there are women who willingly do it because, as Karen said, they love both sex and money. A libertarian viewpoint is that if two consenting adults want to have sex and exchange money, that's a business contract that shouldn't be immediately outlawed.

And going back to the video. I enjoy intelligent political (or even sports) arguments with people I have opposing viewpoints with. It's no fun to debate idiots. I had a Twitter fight a couple years ago with a writer concerning a certain baseball player. I still think I'm right, and the player is still bad, but the exchange made me evaluate and modify my algorithms for analyzing player performance, as I realized some logical errors of my own.

We tend to prejudge people and situations, We need to be patient enough to get to know them. We also want to help people. I don't want to see people seriously hurt, but I believe in order to grow as people we do have to experience failure. Sheltering children from the world around them, turning them into precious snowflakes, does them no good at all when it's time for them to leave the nest.

Whether he intended to or not, I think jashley has touched on something very important in our culture today. Perhaps he's been reading Elizabeth Nolan Brown.

Jack sensed that his friend (or former friend) Belle was in some sort of distress. He was also aware of a prostitution ring working his school. Jack is a white knight who can't stand to see people suffer, so dfter thinking about it, Jack concluded there was a fair chance that Bellle was involved with the ring, because of course prostitution is bad, so he set out to find the evidence.

The problem that Jack fell into was assuming that he knew enough about these different things to act, such as one group must have been victims, some other must be the perps, and if he doesn't rush in to save them, who will?

It reminded me of a video I saw recently, probably on Twitter. A guy with a camera went up to an attractive young lady who was protesting something while holding a Mexican flag. He asked her what she thought would happen if American went to protest in Mexico, and she admitted it likely wouldn't go well. Now, I'm the kind of guy who likes intellectual honesty and consistency in political debates, whether I agree with you or not, so I'm cool with these kinds of interactions, and believe both sides can learn from them. At that moment some middle aged white woman with a head full of gray hair pushed the guy back, screaming at him, "Leave her alone - you're just a fucking white guy, what do you know?"

Jack was this activist woman charging into the situation. She assumed that because the guy with the camera was white and male then he must have certain attitudes and agendas. She also assumed the teen girl was helpless and needed her defense. In my opinion, the activist only made an ass out of herself, with thousands of people laughing at her when they watch the video.

It's not all Jack's fault. We're told that prostitution is always bad and the women are abused. I believe that is true a large amount of the time - but at the same time realize there are women who willingly do it because, as Karen said, they love both sex and money. A libertarian viewpoint is that if two consenting adults want to have sex and exchange money, that's a business contract that shouldn't be immediately outlawed.

And going back to the video. I enjoy intelligent political (or even sports) arguments with people I have opposing viewpoints with. It's no fun to debate idiots. I had a Twitter fight a couple years ago with a writer concerning a certain baseball player. I still think I'm right, and the player is still bad, but the exchange made me evaluate and modify my algorithms for analyzing player performance, as I realized some logical errors of my own.

We tend to prejudge people and situations, We need to be patient enough to get to know them. We also want to help people. I don't want to see people seriously hurt, but I believe in order to grow as people we do have to experience failure. Sheltering children from the world around them, turning them into precious snowflakes, does them no good at all when it's time for them to leave the nest.

Jack is prone to jumping to conclusions. The thought that it could have been Alan having sex with his girlfriend never occurred to him,his first instinct was Alan and amanda, I'm sure that if it had of been them he would have walked in and tried to intervene

Jack is prone to jumping to conclusions. The thought that it could have been Alan having sex with his girlfriend never occurred to him,his first instinct was Alan and Amanda, I'm sure that if it had of been them he would have walked in and tried to intervene

Yeah, about the Alan having sex with Kelly issue... If Amanda doesn't know now, when she does find out, i honestly don't think her reaction will be more "Meh". Why i say this? First, there have been hints in the last few chapters Amanda was thinking about getting back with Alan. When she learns Alan has been intimate with Kelly, i wouldn't be all surprised if she was crushed by said revelation, feeling betrayed. Sounds weird, but then again, Alan was the only guy who didn't screw Amanda over. The whole issue with Sam got Amanda to question what was wrong with her. Regardless of whether Amanda had sex with Sam or not, she still has a lingering sense of "maybe it was my fault he went to Joe for relief". With Alan being with Kelly, that could further reinforce the sentiment that it was Amanda's fault why he moved on from her. Basically, the issues with Amanda's on/off depression since the latter part of the last saga, not to mention the lingering drama from the Twins saga, are still playing out. I just hope that these issues are actually settled, hopefully for good, along with Jack and the prostitution chain which is between many schools in the area. But then again, maybe i'm reading too much into this. Any reasonable thoughts?

Guest Guest

So here goes nothing, I've been a fan of the story from the beginning and if memory serves Jack was quite intelligent at first,but from the last few chapters in particular its safe to say that he's never gonna have a career as a detective even if he wanted it,I mean Belle could be involved in a million and one things, just because there's a girl in trouble and you know a prostotution ring exists doesn't mean there's a connection,like once he saw the catalogue he should've gotten out and explored different lines of investigation... Just saying... Also Jack really needs to hold his tounge sometimes, bit aside from that the writing was faultless really top notch yet again, but it would be nice to see the intelligent side of Jack reimerge :)

Also Jack really needs to hold his tounge sometimes, bit aside from that the writing was faultless really top notch yet again, but it would be nice to see the intelligent side of Jack reimerge :)

It isn't so much intelligence as it is common sense and patience that Jack needs to cultivate.

I missed this the first time I read your post. I certainly don't doubt that women are abused and taken advantage of in the prostitution business. I also don't doubt that one of the reasons we are indoctrinated against it is that our benevolent government cannot easily get their cut of the action. Think about it. The irresponsible use of alcohol and tobacco products causes far more damage to our society than pay-as-you-go sex does, but the 'vice tax' is a huge cash cow for the politicians so they look the other way. I know that prostitution is legal in the state of Nevada (on a county-by-county basis). I'll have to do some research and see how it works there. Google, that is-- I'm not planning a road trip. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Nevada

Well, that was an education! It seems that over-priced sex has been about as successful as over-priced marijuana is. Since I can't afford either one, I'll just stick with my over-priced micro-brews.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.