Click Here!

Goddamnit.

So I finally get an idea for an original story, something not done before, but while plotting it out in my head I get sidetracked on what tags it would need, and what to keep out as to not spoil the story for the readers.

THEN I FUCKING FORGET WHAT I WAS GOING TO WRITE. GODDAMNIT, I was pissed.

So I finally get an idea for an original story, something not done before, but while plotting it out in my head I get sidetracked on what tags it would need, and what to keep out as to not spoil the story for the readers.

THEN I FUCKING FORGET WHAT I WAS GOING TO WRITE. GODDAMNIT, I was pissed.

Oh, God... hilarious!!! ;)

*Hugs* That must be seriously frustrating. I know I've had ideas, but when I sit down to write, nothing comes out.

That is kinda funny, but only because I totally understand and sympathize with you. I get distracted by things all the time and forget what I was going to write. I've almost got myself trained to just stop everything when an idea pops into my head and immediately write it down.

A similar thing happened to me once... but it wasn't with a story. I was just walking down the street when (I swear) I had a moment of divine illumination. It was brief, but I swear I discovered one Big truth about the universe. Sad thing was, I forgot what it was before I had taken three full steps. Is god just messing with my head?

Edited by Saitochan

That so happens to me all the time. You either just need to carry a mini notepad with you at all times or just accept that you are going to forget these things. I carry the mininote.

Late one night, I got an awesome idea for a fic, one of those ideas where you can't believe no one has thought of it since it makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I fell back to sleep. The next day, I had to go to a job interview and right in the middle, I remembered that I had an idea last night, but I couldn't remember what it was. So, I spent most of the interview not paying attention and just thinking: what the hell was that idea? Then it hit me while the other person was talking, so I couldn't write it down in a journal or anything. Instead I ended up writing it on my wrist with a pen. I'm sure that the interviewer thought I was crazy scribbling on my skin, but I got the job anyway and kept my fanfic idea. Why is it that I can remember a random plot bunny when I was half asleep but I can't remember what year the civil war ended and important shit like that?

I usually get a great idea for what a character is going to do further in the story and I forget to write it down and when I get to that part, I forgot what the great idea was and I kick myself because I forgot what it was!

Beth

I usually get a great idea for what a character is going to do further in the story and I forget to write it down and when I get to that part, I forgot what the great idea was and I kick myself because I forgot what it was!

Beth

Damn, it's a widespread disease. :lol: I wonder if it is related to the writer's block? :D

Beth

That happens to me, too - but I'll just stop in the middle of everything and write that scene out. Of course, this sometimes leads to me forgetting what I was writing before that...it seems to be a vicious cycle.