Click Here!

sub-categorie confusion

Guest Revic

Guest Revic

Heya, not sure whats going on but whenever i try to load a new story the list for the sub-categories doesnt show up, the normal categories work fine but the other one dont. can anyone explain this and either fix it if its a tech problem or tell me what i need to do please, it is VERY annoying. <_< thank you

First question would be where do you want to upload TO?

First, you have to be sure you're in the subdomain you want to publish to. Either use the tab menu towards the top, or the jump menu in your user panel.

From there, you would click the "add story" link. Once you've filled out your title, summary, and selected any appropriate warnings (all required), select your primary category. I don't know why, but it's not allowing selection of subcategories at the moment. We will look into this.

Unfortunately, there appears to be a bug, in that after you do all this, and then publish, you must then go back and EDIT to make sure it's in the right place. So, after you publish the story initially, for now, until this is fixed, you then would edit, and then select the primary category, and then the sub or sub sub. The sub sub categories appear in the subcategory drop down with their parent, followed by ">" and the sub sub name.

I've fixed part of it, but only part of it. The actual menu controls need adjusted to allow for certain character types at the top level category, which should then fix this entirely.

In any case, if, for example, you select an area to upload in, and in the dropdown box for subcategories, there are no selections, right click, and select reload from the menu which pop ups. This will correct the no display of the subcats.

After doing some more digging and testing, it actually appears to be OS related, more than anything. Apparently this particular menuing script is NOT Windows Vista compliant. I don't have these issues, and cannot duplicate them on my XP machine. ONLY on the Vista machine.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.