Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

not I have to start reading Northstar. I have a problem with names so I was gonna wait till after GITG was finished before I started reading it. I did read the first chapter and that is when I made my decision. you can always just say carrol and stella had gotten chipped sometime in the past and you can do a flashback, just a thought.

Told you so, now the "trial" & repercussions begin. How will Lia & Rick react if they are not involved? What will Max do to Mike & his parents for revenge? And will there be more and better war beasties manufactured to take out the enemy knowing they have WMDs?

Great chapter, I figure the bad guys are holding Mike's parents somewhere and are blackmailing Mike. Either that or Mike has been brainwashed somehow. Waiting patiently for the next chapter. Maybe Max will figure out how to build a force field for his house.

Sounds like Max is taking on the Russian Mafia pretty much on his own, this could get really ugly. My guess, Mike's parents are inherently spies, and the apple didn't fall far from the tree, all those years of them going on trips, leaving him home with a nanny, was it really a nanny or another spy training Mike even at that young age. Lord knows that happens in the here and now, all over the world, kids being trained to be assassins. I'm thinking Max may have to get into Mike's head like he did Han's and see what's bouncing around in there. It may be time for Max to stop resting on his laurels as far as armor too, and evolve to the next stage, or there's gonna be a lot more blood from his group.

Loved the chapter, keep em coming. :)

You said high body count. Glad it was the bad guys. Only question is how the got that much armor that close in the US. We've heard that "Max I'm so sorry" before.

Does he deprogram or just eliminate the problem. I don't think Max would do what most of would BUT I wonder what the mole would feel like being torn limb form limb by the twins or some of the girls.

:samurai:

B

I guess it all depends on where Stella was hit then. Headshot, she's a goner, leg, the nanites may be able to patch, what kind of round are they using, some rounds will do a lot of internal damage with a small hole. We've seen time and time again, the tech isn't perfect in responses, there may be little gaps, and who knows, they may not have been identified as hostile til the system picked up that they had weapons. Only our resident expert knows, and will tell us when the time is right.

Thought it was the hip - left I think: will go back and reread to be sure. Don't know where Mia was hit.

B

Thought it was the hip - left I think: will go back and reread to be sure. Don't know where Mia was hit.

B

Yep in the butt and out the top of the hip, leaving a large gapping hole that even the nanites couldn't close, mia got hit in the leg, thinking it got blown off and she gets a prosthetic...the bionic dog!

Mmm, I was thinking that, but I want to delve into Max's past a little, explain some of how his father put together the batcave...you know sort of a prequel. I'm thinking David's (Max's father) old bosses rear their ugly heads and Max gives them the old bitch slap. I'm seeing the third book a lot like Northstar, flashbacks sandwiched between new events; you know two stories sort of merged with David as the hero of the fklashback story and Max and his family doing their thing in the recent events story

I'm actually kinda excited about the idea and its all I can do not to rush through this book so I can start it, I'm also sort of psyched about a northstar in the grass cross over book type of thing, Max meets Nick and kicks ass sort of story. You know, old warrior meets skilled young warrior and passes on his hard won knowledge as they fight the bad guys side by side.

Edited by magusfang

Back to Chapter 32: Another nod to Monty Burns! And though it was a tad cheesy, I LOVED Carol yelling STEELLLLLLLAAAAAAA a la Marlon Brando in Streetcar Named Desire. So glad you included that since I was already thinking it.

As for Chapter 33, that was AWESOME! With all the death teasers, I was afraid Tali had bought it. Thinking Mike's not smart enough to be a spy so I'm thinking he's doing it to save his parents, who've been kidnapped, or he was trying to protect Rick and Leia because they were targets if he didn't cooperate. I suppose Mike could have been brainwashed but that's already been done.

Where Stella was shot wasn't divulged until 33, I posted that just after 32 was put up, so at that time, it was a guessing game where it was. I wonder if Mia will be mroe aggressive now that her boyfriend was one of the killed bots.... hmmm, a little doggy revenge. If she gets prosthetic, how about she goes along the route of Dyno Mutt, lol, the one from old cartoons, and will she be getting chipped as well?

I'm thinking chip her, she and legion strike up a friendship and the whole family is blown away as they find out she can communicate with the ala "UP"

Yeah, I'm thinking she starts accompanying Max and the twins...ninja puppy her we come! :D

Having Mike doing it to protect his parents won't fly as he knows what Max will do for family/friends so he could have some how communicated to Max that his parents are held by the low lives and then kept out of the loop on rescuing them.

It would have been great if he came in with his gun and said sorry Max and either 1) Pointed at Max only to be shot by Lea & Rick, 2) Tat tackles him and introduces him to her interrogation techniques, Russian Cold War style or 3) He eats the gun and becomes Pete #2.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.