Click Here!

What is writers block?

Guest Monsterking

writer's block is exactly how it sounds. It's when a writer wants to write, but nothing comes to them and they just can't do it. Apparently it's very frustrating and is the leading cause of fanfiction writers not updating. As I said in that thread, I've never had writer's block, but I know people who have and it seems very painful. Frankly, the idea scares me.

well, I don't believe it's as big a problem as everyone says it is. I've had what one would call writers block but it's not something that just happens. it's your own fault for not trying hard enough >_>

imo that is, wouldn't want to offend anyone.

i have writers block right now. i WANT to write... i even know the direction i want to take my two stories, but i just can't make myself sit down and do it. And sorry zyx but i dont think that its about me not trying hard enough. When i FORCE myself to write it just comes out like crap. I have to be in the mood to do it, but for the last several months I was always in the mood and now that i'm not its aggravating.

i have writers block right now. i WANT to write... i even know the direction i want to take my two stories, but i just can't make myself sit down and do it. And sorry zyx but i dont think that its about me not trying hard enough. When i FORCE myself to write it just comes out like crap. I have to be in the mood to do it, but for the last several months I was always in the mood and now that i'm not its aggravating.
Agreed. There are days when I really really want to do it, but the right words just aren't coming to me.

I've forced myself before, and then went over what I wrote later when I was in the mood and deleted most of it. Pure crap.