Click Here!

Challenge in ALL subcategories of the GW fiction Archive

Normally I don't like to tattle unless it's something really harmful and I rather liked this challenge, but since I've never seen one of these in the Gundam Wing section, I felt the need to report it. I have already told the person that they should repost it in the appropriate section, so maybe they'll move it on their own, but if not, here is the link http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600021984

I was annoyed because, not only is it in the fiction archive, its in ALL of the subcategories, so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Guest Guest
Normally I don't like to tattle unless it's something really harmful and I rather liked this challenge, but since I've never seen one of these in the Gundam Wing section, I felt the need to report it. I have already told the person that they should repost it in the appropriate section, so maybe they'll move it on their own, but if not, here is the link http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600021984

I was annoyed because, not only is it in the fiction archive, its in ALL of the subcategories, so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

If the user put this up in each and every category, that's spamming. Thanks for letting us know, this'll get handled.

:huh:;; Oy, give me some *time* to handle it myself before you bring out the bulldozers, would you?

All I can really say is "oops". I looked for the old "challenge" category that used to be there before the GW section was split into het/yaoi/yuri/gen/etc, but couldn't find it, and for some reason, posting the challenge... *counts* ...five times in different sections seemed like the best solution at the time. (I must have been more tired last night than I thought. :blink: ) I will, of course, remove the offending material ASAP.

But now that I'm here anyway, I'd like to ask where the challenge category *went*. A little while ago, I asked for a section in which to post Gundam 00 fic, and next thing I know, poof!, the entire Anime2 section gets turned upside down with re-arrangements. I'm confused! Not posting duplicates is obvious (albeit in retrospect), but I still don't know where to *put* the ruddy challenge. Is it new policy not to allow the sub-categories for challenges and other non-story entries in the relevant categories anymore, or am I just missing a piece of new navigation that is obvious to everyone else?

I heard something about an area in the forums to post challenges, but as you may have guessed, navigating this site is still a bit of a problem for me. Not to mention that this is the first area in the forums I've found where I'm able to view/post without getting a block of red text saying I don't have the authorisation or the right age to view/post in that area. And even now I'm stuck being a "guest". :lol:

To reiterate: don't kill me just yet, please-and-thank-you.

Challenges/Requests

There's a very good reason WHY those categories were removed throughout the archive, and guest posting enabled in forum for the replacements for them. It has everything to do with how each program handles posted chapter data inserts. The archive treats each chapter (post) as a file, whereas the forum does not. So, what that means is each posted chapter is actually larger than it really should be, because it is a file within a database table row, while a post in forum is a text area in a forum row. It makes that data insert much larger than it actually SHOULD be. *sighs* :huh: the joys of outdated archaic programs....

If you're still in the validation queue, that would be why you're not allowed to do anything yet if you've tried logging in. You have to make sure you check spam/junk mail folders for forum validation mail as well, since mail programs commonly put a forum user validation email in those types of folders. There's a second step to that, where the user is then put into an admin validation queue, so that user information can be verified.