Click Here!

Anybody Else Get Shaken Up?

cu-kid9

That earthquake last night here in the Midwest scared the crap outta me! I had finally laid down to get some sleep when everything in my apartment started moving, like some giant had grabbed the building and was shaking it. I thought I was just going crazy since I was in that sort of middle place between being awake and asleep...

I remember there being an earthquake here when I was a kid, but I don't remember anything more than the dishes rattling. I can do most natural disasters, but having the ground move when it's supposed to be solid is the weirdest thing ever, in my opinion.

I live in Iowa and i felt it. It wasnt intence shaking but just enough to wake me up.. It vibrated the bed but nothing fell or broke or anything. Im with you though. The midwest is NOT supposed to shake but i guess its not unheard of. There have been a few here before.

Guest MortiferLascivio

I live in California directly on top of the San Andreas fault, so I've experienced my fair share of earthquakes. I agree with you, they are very unnerving.

I did not feel it at all but I did hear about it from the news as it was breaking news.

Beth

yeah, just when i finally decided i could get some sleep and accomplish something, i get woken up at five-thirty because of a freaking earthquake. and as i had never felt anything like it before, i rationalized it all away and put it in the back of my mind until i turned the news on in the morning and realized, it was an earthquake. and i was getting ready for work when the aftershock rolled through.

wierdest thing in the world, and i've dealt with some wierd things.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.