Click Here!

'Naruto' should be called 'Sasuke'

bookworm51485

More and more I'm thinking that the Naruto series should change it's name to Sasuke. I stopped watching/reading because it became more like The Sasuke Show. Even more of an argument for that, in the Naruto section they put pairings under the Yaoi section and there's only one pairing that has Naruto in it and it's with Sasuke, while Sasuke is there 4 times. They should just change the name of the show now because obviously Sasuke is the main focus.

Guest BelleKeat

Are you serious? O.o; I haven't ever been into the Naruto fandom before, though I do know a few of the characters, but due to a recent curious streak I have been thinking about getting into the fandom. I have a couple of friends interested in it, though I dislike the animation in the anime. I picked up a stray manga for it at the store and looked through it before putting it back on the wrack and I wasn't so displeased with the art inside of it. But, if they're switching away from the original focus so far as to forget about the main character, then I'm not sure I want to start reading it if I'll just be disappointed later. :P

Maybe it's just something they're doing for now and will revert back to having more with Naruto later? I will admit, from the few episodes I have watched of Naruto, I didn't see many pairing possibilities for him. It's odd, though, usually in any given fandom if one character even speaks to another one there is at least a small fanbase for them as being a good pair. So, Naruto having only one pairing under the yaoi section of Naruto strikes me as abnormal in any fandom. :P

Sorry for being so random! I know that I know next to nothing about the fandom or the characters/pairings. Please forgive any ignorance on my part.

~BelleKeat

Sasuke is a main focus in Naruto for a few reasons. First of all, he's the generic, dark-haired, sexy asshole that girls love to fangirl over. He's got an attitude that says he doesn't give a damn about anyone - and girls seem to like that. Seeing as how Yaoi is mainly written by women it's no wonder he features prominantly in the fandom.

Now as to why he's in the series so much.

The main focus of the entire show is the relationship between Naruto and Sasuke. There are subplots and so forth but they're all geared towards Naruto's main friendship with Sasuke/'retirval of the teme'. There is nothing else as important to Naruto as that. Even becoming the Hokage is something that will happen AFTER he gets Sasuke back.

So there's no wonder why he's so well....used (*snorts at image of a well-used Sasuke*) in the fandom.

I can understand Sasuke being Naruto's main focus, being his 'brother' and all but it's gone a bit too far imo. I stopped reading around the point where they ran into Sasuke at Orochimaru's lair and he royally kicked all their butts while pretty much all Naruto could do was a slightly bigger rasengan and kage bunshins. It pretty much became The Sasuke is an Amazing Badadd Ninja Show, Oh and Naruto's here too. Though I will admit I haven't read or watched anything in awhile so I don't much know what's going on.

As for pairing options, there are plenty of Naruto pairing options despite the fact that people seem stuck on SasuNaru. And, how is it that Sasuke has more pairing options than Naruto. How many people does he/did he even interact with? Naruto on the other hand is running around saving everybody. There's Gaara, Neji, Sai. Even more minor characters: Shikamaru, Kiba, Shino. And of course, the slightly more far off: Kakashi, Itachi, Orochimaru, Jiraiya.

It's probably not a big deal, but I hate seeing Sasuke so much. Can't stand him. I wish Itachi or someone would just kill him already, then Naruto could move on with one of the worthwhile characters. Someone who's not a big a-hole

>_> That's kinda like saying the anime "Inuyasha" should have been called "Sesshomaru" because of all the fangirls.... Then again, he doesn't get much screen time at all for like the first 50 episodes.

Unlike Sasuke, which got 95% screen time in the 3 episodes of that piece of crap show I watched, known as "Naruto" that people seem to enjoy.

Guest MortiferLascivio

Sasuke doesn't have the same ring to it. So I guess that's why they called the show "Naruto".

To me, the plot flew out the window after Sasuke left. It seemed like all the writer's had used their A material and decided "Oh shit, we ran out of stuff to write about, so let's just pull stuff out of our asses." Dramatic wind + Everyone standing around looking at each other + Dramatic music = Episode, nowadays.

I like Sasuke though. He's my favorite character. Way more interesting than Naruto, who sometimes bores me with his "abilities" to "change" everyone he meets and relate with every single one of them in some stupid way. But yeah I gave up on the show after it took them like twelve episdoes to get through one fight. TWELVE. Something that could've been done in one episode, maybe two.

Last time I ever stray into an anime fandom. In these shows, everything's gotta have meaning. I just wanna see some ass kicking, dammit!

• 1 year later...
Guest ahmenet

Hence why it is important to read the manga. For those who gave up, the last fifteen or so chapters have been about Naruto and pretty much everyone else. Got some Pein action going on too. And just so you know, don't see Naruto having too many problems against Sasuke now. The relationship between these two is important and learning the truth about both of them along with the Sanin and Pein is bringing out a lot of soon to come plot for the village as well. But I understand not everyone has that kind of patients. DBZ p'd me off for weeks with the Freiza saga (shudders). But if you left Naruto only because of the Anime, think about checking out the manga and catching up. Like most manga, it's a slow build but it can be very enjoyable and the line of logic is actually constant.

But if you left Naruto only because of the Anime, think about checking out the manga and catching up. Like most manga, it's a slow build but it can be very enjoyable and the line of logic is actually constant.

Actually I quit because of both. I quit reading the manga first because it started to annoy me. And then I decided, okay, I'll watch the anime, but then that started to annoy me too, especially when it caught up to the part of the manga that made me quit. So I just kind of gave up after that and decided to just vaguely keep track of the happenings. I'd have a lot of catching up to do at this point because I stopped at around the point where they partnered with Sai and found Sasuke and they decided to bring in this Uchiha's are so damn amazing they can even control the Kyuubi crap. That was it for me.

Guest ahmenet

Actually there are some very interesting things you learn about the Uchiha abilities with the Demons. You have to meet Killer Bee to find out and if nothing else, the container for the 8-tails was worth catching up for. He is a RIOT!! But I understand your point and if you can't get into it you just can't. I don't watch the anime because I don't have thirty minutes a week to waste on something I've already read and though some of them are interesting, most of the fillers are just not worth the look. Well, unless they deal with Gaara, but that's only because of Kankuro. I love that character. Wished he'd use him again. Anyway, hope you've found something that you enljoy. I really liked Death Note. Finished it in a week.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.