Click Here!

Is now a top level category in the anime zone

DemonGoddess

Oh, can add subcats that are pair specific now as well. I just need to know what those are. Also, tried adding a top level forum link and it didn't work dammit. I'll have to see how else we can go about doing that.
I don't read many of the common pairings it seems, but...

Usagi/Mamoru (dub names Serena and Darian)

Haruka/Michiru (dub names Amara and Michelle)

If I come across more really common ones, I'll let you know.

Well, the mineral is spelt "Jadeite", the dub spelt it Jedite.

I'm not sure how popular the other Senshi/Shitennou pairs are, I'd have to check...

Venus/Kunzite

Mercury/Zoisite

Jupiter/Nephrite

Mars/Jadeite

I would love so see a Kunzite/Zoisite category, but I'm not sure if there are enough stories to warrant it. (It should be popular, damn it!) :)

I'm assuming these are all f/f pairs? You guys gotta tell me that too. :)

These are all F/M

Venus (Minako)/Kunzite

Mercury (Ami)/Zoisite

Jupiter (Makoto)/Nephrite

Mars (Rei)/Jadeite

kunzite/zoisite is M/M

Usagi/Mamoru or Sailor Moon/Tuxedo Mask is F/M

do they all really need to be split down into such specific categories tho? The ones I write have multiple pairings and so do alot of the ones I've seen. I would think that M/F, Yaoi, Yuri would be sufficient. But even there, the two main ones i'm working on are a mix of M/F and yuri so i wouldn't really know where to file either one...

And as for the Jaedite spelling Zimarah, for me it goes back to some fanfics i read when SM was still airing on the USA Network... so it's been burned into me for a long time.

And yeah, a lot of my fics as well have more than one pairing, so I'd probably just stick with the categories as is.

I wonder if a separate category for just "Senshi/Shitennou" would work?

that could work, they do seem to get more time then any of the other pairings.

also, we need more people on these boards. tons of hits seem to come Sailor Moon's way so why aren't they talking?

Actually, the way you would determine what pair specific category you story belongs in, is who the main couple is. I've read plenty of fics where there are multiple couples, but the category they belong in (and are generally in) is the one for the main pairing.

Now, I've noticed you put the English name with the Japanese name in parentheses. Would that be easier if that's how I set up the categories as well?

Actually, the way you would determine what pair specific category you story belongs in, is who the main couple is. I've read plenty of fics where there are multiple couples, but the category they belong in (and are generally in) is the one for the main pairing.

Now, I've noticed you put the English name with the Japanese name in parentheses. Would that be easier if that's how I set up the categories as well?

those are the japanese names, i dont know if it would really do anything considering fans of the series would know their names

Yeah, it would be best to go with the Japanese names. So...

Usagi/Mamoru (F/M)

Haruka/Michiru (F/F)

and then

Senshi/Shitennou (Which would be four different F/M pairings that are often intermingled anyway)

How would that look to you, PorkChop?

And a question. Is there anyway to recommend that a fic that is not our own be moved? I'm sure there are plenty of authors who don't check in anymore, and I'm a bit of an organization freak about some things...

looks good.

i'm going to start directing people to the forums in my authors notes at the end of my updates. you should do the same zimarah, maybe we'll get some discussions going.

also, i'm seconding zimarah's idea about suggesting certain fics be moved. i dunno who's job it would be, but if a fic hasn't been updated for a year or so and the tags clearly say what it is, it should be filed correctly.

Once I have a fic link (for the story id), I can move it easily. Not a big deal at all.

I have forums set up to post stuff like that, as you come across it.

That's actually part of a different project, which I'm hoping will be announced next week or so. However, the recategorization actually dovetails IN to the general cleanup that will be occurring.

sounds good. there have been a handful of authors already moving their works just in the last three days so that's a good sign. I moved one of mine to the correct cat b/c its a much more focused (and short) story, but im leaving my two main ones under the general heading for now b/c i dont think they fit into anything else.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.