Click Here!

Questions about three things.

AliTwivira

First Question is will I came up with a new name for my story Forbidden Kiss should I remove Forbidden Kiss and upload the story with the new name.

Second Question is will I seem to not be getting any reviews for my stories should I get a beta to see if the person can help me find out what is wrong with my story.

Third Question is I was wondering this can I break my chapters down into will parts because I was reading my work and will it was all over the place in the first four chapters because the chapters have will parts to each of them and will time skip to break the parts up.

If some one can help me with this that would help me alot because I need help yet was to scared to ask for help to now.

-Ali

To answer the first, please read this FAQ. Now, if it's just a title change, and not a rewrite otherwise, then you can change that in your control panel.

You would go to your control panel, then scroll down to the sub-domain where your story is located, then click edit.

In your case, you can click this link:http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/userpanel.php?edit because your story is in Anime2.

You would then choose the story from the dropdown, and then from the next drop down you would select "Edit Details". That will bring up a screen that has your title, summary, rating, etc.

On the second, availing yourself of a beta is always a good idea, but never consider that there's "something wrong" with your story. It can always be improved - any work can be improved. As much as I love Harry Potter, there are places the work can be improved.

If we stop improving, we stop growing as writers.

One reason for no reviews is simply that there may be no audience for your story. However, yours has (as of this moment) 353 hits, so that's likely not the issue.

There are any number of reasons why someone chooses not to leave feedback on a story. Having said that, reviewing other users' works will generally cause them to look at your own (and I don't mean advertising your work on their board, I just mean reading theirs, leaving thought-provoking feedback, and then generally they will check o see if you've posted something they wish to read as well.

In all fairness, your story has not yet been up a month; I have one that's been up for almost two with no reviews on this site. I don't think there's anything wrong with the story, simply that no one has anything they wish to share with me about it.

In light of your request, however, I will direct you to some forums here:

Request a Beta - to post your own request

Become a Beta - to peruse the posts for those wishing to have stories to work on

Promote a Story (self explanatory B-) )

You are welcome to format your chapters however you choose. Your comment that your story is "all over the place" does indicate that you think it needs some modification.

Everyone does some form of time skip. Reading about how Johnny went to the bathroom, then washed his hands, then did up his britches, then went to get breakfast.... You can see this would get boring very, very quickly.

So this is an area where, yes, a beta could help you tighten up your style so that your story is presented in the best possible light.

I hope all of that helps!

Thank you RogueMudBlood for you help.

Yeah I know my story has a lot of hits for so small amount of time it has been up.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.