Click Here!

Beta here ready and willing

greenwizard

*How many years have you worked as a beta?

I'd say off and on for a little over a year.

Provide links to some of the work that you have beta'd. Link the titles. Work posted outside of AFF is acceptable as well.

I can't really provide a link because it isn't posted yet. I'm doing beta work currently for MonkeyLady on her exchange fic. I don't remember the name of the story I did a little over a year ago.

In which capacities have you served as a beta? (Spelling/grammar, canon, characterization, etc.)

Spelling/grammar, and story quality (characterization, plot holes, ect...) I'll do anything from a quick grammar edit to a total rewrite.

Which types of potentially objectionable content have you beta'd for? Correspond it to warning tags if possible.

I've done n/c so far. Really I'll do pretty much anything though. I've come across very little that's actually bothered me.

What are your personal boundaries as a beta?

There are a few things I won't do. Bestiality, creature, non vampire related blood play.

What are your weaknesses when it comes to beta work?

I'd say speed. I can be a little slow sometimes. The last thing I did was 25 pages and I got it back in 6 days. I have a very short attention span, and because of how thourough I am I can usually only do a page or two at a time. But if you have a deadline I will do my best to get it back as fast as possible.

How do you tend to interact with an author when doing beta work?

I'm very honest. I try to not be too mean, but if you have a problem in a certain area I'm going to tell you about it. Sometimes I can be a little on the blunt side. But I also try to be helpful.

For which fandoms have you worked? Which fandoms do you frequent? Do you consider yourself well-versed on any specific characters?

I have Harry Potter on the brain. Just ask my boyfriend. He sometimes threatens to burn my DVD's. I have also read all 7 books. Due to a slight learning disability, I don't remember a lot of details and terms, but I know the major stuff well. I will do pretty much any pairing. I won't do anything involving McGonagall however. That's just... ewww... There are just some pairings that are so wrong on so many levels. I will also do original stories. Slash is my preference.

• 3 weeks later...
*How many years have you worked as a beta?

I'd say off and on for a little over a year.

Provide links to some of the work that you have beta'd. Link the titles. Work posted outside of AFF is acceptable as well.

I can't really provide a link because it isn't posted yet. I'm doing beta work currently for MonkeyLady on her exchange fic. I don't remember the name of the story I did a little over a year ago.

-He did a really good job editing my fic too. It will be posted on aff.net in June sometime. I don't want to say where the exchange is going to be posted though, because I don't want people to figure out which is mine before the reveal. If any of you make the connection between greenwizard and me, don't give it away! Guessing is half the fun!

In which capacities have you served as a beta? (Spelling/grammar, canon, characterization, etc.)

Spelling/grammar, and story quality (characterization, plot holes, ect...) I'll do anything from a quick grammar edit to a total rewrite.

-I am a comma queen and greenwizard had to edit the hell out of my fic to get rid of them! I really need to get that under control. He caught most of my typos too. Very good job. He helped a lot in pointing out places where the characters didn't act quite right too. That was a great help. He even did some research for me! It made my life sooo much easier.

Which types of potentially objectionable content have you beta'd for? Correspond it to warning tags if possible.

I've done n/c so far. Really I'll do pretty much anything though. I've come across very little that's actually bothered me.

-I didn't squick him out as far as I know. :)

What are your personal boundaries as a beta?

There are a few things I won't do. Bestiality, creature, non vampire related blood play, and children under the age of 14.

What are your weaknesses when it comes to beta work?

I'd say speed. I can be a little slow sometimes. The last thing I did was 25 pages and I got it back in 6 days. I have a very short attention span, and because of how thourough I am I can usually only do a page or two at a time. But if you have a deadline I will do my best to get it back as fast as possible.

-He did a good job for me. I had 45 pages in my fic and usually he'd get 10 pages back to me every few days. It was fine since I only worked on it at the beginning of each week because of work. If you needed something over night, you'd probably not get it all back in time, but I did push him a little when my deadline hit and he did a very quick turn around on the fic. I had no problem with the slower turn around the rest of the time because I wasn't working on it daily anyway.

How do you tend to interact with an author when doing beta work?

I'm very honest. I try to not be too mean, but if you have a problem in a certain area I'm going to tell you about it. Sometimes I can be a little on the blunt side. But I also try to be helpful.

-He was honest and extremely helpful. He put lots of little suggestion notes in for me and even did some of my research for me. It was awesome! I've had betas in the past tell me 'it looks good'. What kind of response is THAT? greenwizard actually made suggestion, researched, edited, even wrote an example scene to help me along. That is what I need in a beta. I'm hoping that he'll let me keep using him. :D I love you greenwizard...in a completely platonic way of course. :P

For which fandoms have you worked? Which fandoms do you frequent? Do you consider yourself well-versed on any specific characters?

I have Harry Potter on the brain. Just ask my boyfriend. He sometimes threatens to burn my DVD's. I have also read all 7 books. Due to a slight learning disability, I don't remember a lot of details and terms, but I know the major stuff well. I will do pretty much any pairing. I won't do anything involving McGonagall however. That's just... ewww... There are just some pairings that are so wrong on so many levels. I will also do original stories. Slash is my preference.

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.