Click Here!

Need Someone to Beta Your Work?

Guest angelic memories

Guest angelic memories

How long have you been reviewing fanficion?

In all technicalities I have yet to beta a fanfiction posted online.

Though this does not mean I am not qualified. I have be a beta for a year maybe a year and a half for friends and their stories or edited their essays and other short fictions.

But all these things were hard copys so I am unable to give you a link that would let you see such pieces of writing. :(

What is your reviewing style?

Well I guess I look at the flow of a story and how well everything fits together. I check to ensure there is nothing confusing in the writing for the reader. I find that most of the time the issues are with the dialogue of the characters, especially if there is a large group of people talking all at once. I also look at character description and plot development basic grammer, spelling, punctuation...etc... and I give hints about ways that the story could improve or become more interesting (of course it is up to the writer to decided to take my advice).

An example, though a little bad because I did it when I was in class and paid no attention to spelling when I was writing, is on fan fiction.net. " http://www.fanfiction.net/r/4116617/ ". :P

How many years have you been posting fanfiction / original fiction online?

I have only been posting fan fic for a little over a month. I wasn't really into it until the beginning of 2007. I wrote some minature things but never got up the courage to post it. :unsure: I guess you could say I was fearful that it would not be good enough to post.

If you have any stories posted outside of AFF, can you please provide links to them or the corresponding profile?

I do have other places that I post fan fictions but they are all the same stories. Still if you want to check them out be my guest. I have the same username for all my sites (angelic memories) and these sites include: www.a-single-spark.com; www.fanfiction.net; www.mediaminer.org; www.inuyasha-fiction.com; and obviously adultfanfiction.

Which capacities are your strong areas when it comes to writing/reviewing?

I am excellent at spelling in American English and Canadian English. If I don't know a word you can be sure that I will look it up in a dictionary or two (most of the time not online). I don't like repetition and if a word is overused I will find a replacement. ;)

Like I stated above I look for areas that may be worded better so it doesn't confuse the reader. If you are looking for a person to remain in character I am able to point things like that out. But at the same time, if you want them out of character then I can leave those details alone. If something can be improved I can give hints, suggestions, advice...etc.

Which capacities are your weak areas?

The only major thing I can think of is I can sometimes run out of ways to fill the space after a person speaks: "he said', 'she said', things like that. Other then that things like yoai, which I don't mind, I might not be the greatest at because I personally have yet to write it but I am great at noticing when something is at its best or when something needs improvement.

What types of potentially objectionable content have you written?

Like I said before I haven't written, well actually, posted very much. I have a range of stories that I plan to post but they will take a bit for me to write or type up. All my stories are under my profile http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296848081 but there is only a random oneshot, for Fruits Basket, another oneshot, a lemon, and a rather long continuing story, all for Inuyasha.

Which types of potentially objectionable content do you read? Which types of potentially objectionable content would you be willing to work with?

I am a very open person. I don't mind the strange and unusal fetish like things people come up with. I have a huge range of stories I like from teh cute and cuddle to the blood, guts, and gore including lemons, angst, dramas, humor, yaoi, I have even read rape stories (but only a few that I have enjoyed). So I would say I am very open to what I read and what I would beta. Even if I don't like the story I would continue to beta it.

What are your personal limits/boundaries when it comes to reading, writing, and reviewing?

Well personally I can't handle it if a person becomes offended easily when all I am doing is trying to get them to improve. If you like things to be nicely said I can do that but if you can't even handle it said nicely then I can't help you. It's really hard for a person to offend me but I wouldn't be able to work with a person who can't take a little criticism. :angry:

I don't really take issue to pairings except one. I am too fond of Sesshomaru in a fatherly role so refuse to do a story of Rin and Sesshomaru as lovers etc... I think this is the only pair I have problems with.

What fandoms have you written?

I have mentioned before I have written for Inuyasha and Fruits Basket (posted online) but I have also written a Dragon Ball Z only thing is this story is not online.

In which fandoms have you reviewed?

I have commented Inuyasha, Fruits Basket, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, Hunter X Hunter, Death Note, Gravitation, and I do believe Demon Diary (only once or twice) fanfictions. :P

Which fandoms do you frequent?

I have recently found a few really good fanfics under the authors: Fluffy's Lady (on fanfiction.net) and LadyBattossai (also on fanfiction.net). :Dhttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1341933/

Do you consider yourself well-versed on any specific characters?

I am best at editing stories when I have already read all or part of the series. This way I can watch out for any changes in character compared to the anime if you are worried about out of characterness. If you don't care about a character being ooc then I can edit for any anime. But I am best at the characters in the following series: Ai Yori Aoshi, Alice 19th, D N Angel, Death Note, Demon Diary, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Z, FAKE, Fruits Basket, Gravitation, Hana Yori Dango, Helloing, Hikaru no Go, Hunter X Hunter, Inuyasha, Princess Mononoke, Until the Full Moon, Vampire Doll,Vampire Knights, and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Why do you want to become a beta? What do you think it entails?

I want to beta because I love to read and I also love to help people. :lol: There are so many good writers out their with good ideas and excellent stories but there is always tiny things that can be fixed if they had someone read over it. I find that even if a person is an excellent editor it is hard to edit your own work. :(

I understand that being a beta means hard work for you have to have dedication to complete what is given to you. One who is offering their services as a beta is telling the writer they can trust them. It takes time and to give up that time you have to have it to begin with.

Do you have any knowledge/experiences/abilities outside of the world of fanfiction that could serve as good qualifications for a beta?

I am a university English student and my classes and professors have taught me a lot to improve my writing and my editing. I took a writer's craft course and we spent a week or two going over ways to look for mistakes in another person's writing. I perfer to get things done as soon as I get them so when I recieve a story to edit I finish it as soon as I can.

Is there anything else that you'd like to include here?

I can adapt to a person's writing style very easily. All you have to do is give me a chance. :rolleyes:

Guest drImpulse

Hi. I'm a competent writer at best, at worst a horrible story teller, and I'm even worse at grammar because I tend to live in my own lines. I've been toying with some dark horror/erotic fics, something akin to Anne Rice in her darker retelling of Sleeping Beauty, but not that story exactly. I've been entranced with fairy tales for ages, but I always find a darker menaing behind the characters, a more evil subconscious, and I want to rewrite a few of my favourites. I just need a little encouragement and an honest critique and I could really use your help because, while I've been throwing the ideas around I can't seem to make my thoughts hit the pages just right. I'm hoping you'd be interested in being my beta so I can put down the best retelling straight from my mind. It's nothing too dark like raping two year olds ;], beastiality....um I'm not sure yet because I'm really focused on re-writing Beauty and the Beast, but I've got two versions of that floating around in my head. But please email me at lewisham_tiers@hotmail.com if you think you could help out.

Thanks.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.