Click Here!

A Match Made In Convenience: Review Replies and Discussion

Eris Night

HarryGinny4eva 7/29/13

Firstly any length review is amazing:) I appreciate any thoughts you take the time to share with me! That being said thank you and I hope you have a great work day!

Celeste wasn't in the plan to be there long, she was more or less a tool to catapult Draco back on the right path. He had wandered a bit farther than Hermione and so i needed something drastic. A man that can resist a Veela.... he must be in love. Draco is an intelligent man and he doesn't deny the obvious and so Celeste helped him with that realization.

And then her personality was so different from the usual women he bedded. She wanted him for sex just for the experience, but was more interested in his love story. She was an unusual outlet for him and swore on her magic so quickly that Draco could follow his gut and trust her.

Unfortunately we were not privy to their conversation but whatever she said or offered as advice, helped.

So of course being the man he is Malfoy repaid her in the only way he knew how ;} I kinda enjoyed their encounter. Hermione isn't at the level she needs to be yet to help Draco. She'd listen to him and make him feel good but she's not quite the whole package until she believes in herself.

Hermione is gonna be ALOT better in the next chapter. She'll be more honest with herself and so that's a plus.

Also Yes I know, Draco is rather observant and so he noticed her fascination with his library in earlier chapters and when he had to go back and find the object Ginny cursed he noticed Pride and Prejudice was what Hermione had been reading.

I think he made a good choice but Blaise's gift is still my favorite:)

Unfortunately for the readers you guys won't be able to find out until next chapter what it was!

Also yes the marriage law is chapters away at this point:)

Thank you for reviewing!

Eris

Cacsol 7/30/13

Thank you for reading! It's the best kind of compliment when a reader can't put down your work and so i'm excited that you're on board with AMMIC!

You're reaction to Draco and Celeste are completely normal. Not many readers could understand or appreciate Draco's reasoning.

This next poriton is copied from my reply to another lovely reviewer:

Draco has been down and out, so much so to the point where he doesn’t want to have sex. This Draco is a mess, not someone suitable for falling in love. But when Celeste reaffirms his worth, he feels amazing and happy again and hopeful. Of course he’s not gonna pass her up. Draco is going to relish in the fact that he’s still got it, that he’s still amazing and that all he has worked for makes him worth it.

Now where he goes from here is a secret but the path he takes should be pretty obvious. Draco doesn’t whore because he needs to, and he’s more than capable of stopping. He’s a sex god but not a nymphomaniac AND he’s clearly able to commit. None of those character traits have been hidden, I just think everyone skims over them in lieu of bashing him for daring to be with another woman.

Celeste was a necessary part of the process to getting Draco back on the road to Hermione. At this point we have two very single protagonists with a bad dose of unrequited love. They have no real ties to eachother and Draco was hurting just as badly. You saw that he bolted as soon as he saw Hermione and lamented the fact that she dare to look sad when he was with another woman. He was guilty and pissed at did NOT want Celeste at that point.

That for the Hermione looking "crestfallen" event was all that matters. That reaction from Draco and the fact that he was already sending Celeste home is indicative of his feelings for Hermione.

But then Celeste let him get everything off his chest and reaffirmed all the amazing qualities that he had once been so sure of in himself and so Draco repaid her how Draco knows best.

Unfortunately this happens regularly, life isn't so black and white and there are too many instances of gray to be upset over. They are not dating so there are no "transgression" to discuss. They are two single people who have to love each other but love doesn't really help with logical thinking.

Hermione will never question Draco about Celeste, in fact seeing someone like that with Draco only makes her want to compete for his attention in a slim way.

As for Celeste... Draco Malfoy is a dream guy who was focused completely on her and intent of giving her pleasure. True pleasure. Women do things they know they shouldn't but the best thing was that Celeste was smart enough to know that she wasn't ever going to be apart of the equation and left as soon as she could while for one last time directing him toward Hermione.

Sex with Draco was her reward for making him the kind of person who was ready to fully pursue love. I totally understand that you hate that exchange but everyone did haha, except maybe me.

Having sex with Celeste a beautiful, successful woman that would have been perfect for Draco to marry, was the ultimate comparison for Draco. He now knows no one compares to Hermione and he only wants her. My representation of love in this fiction is not just the typical innocent, we sacrifice all and suffer for the sake of love kind of thing. Its a bit darker and is expressed using lust and passion as well as all the sweet gestures.

I hope I explained this well! It's totally ok if you don't agree or like it! Feel free to continue discussing this or sharing your thoughts in future chapters!

Thank you for reading and reviewing!

Eris:)

Anon 7/31/13

No need to apologize!! Every review is amazing! I tonly do my best to inject the next chapter with enough to keep my readers entertained but we're at the faster part of the story now so things should be happening quicker for you:) No more two chapters in order for something to develop we're at the fun stuff now:)

Thank you for your reviews and especially for reading:)

Eris

Saman 7/31/13

:) Blaise's gift is to come in the next chapter:) And I agree, I'm especially a fan of the more possessive yet loving males. Draco's got a way to go before he can tone it down in that regard but it'll be great:)

Also thank you! I really do try my best! Since your lovely reviewers are taking your time to share your thoughts on my work, I feel extremely honored to be able to return the sentiment in kind.

Every single review makes this entire experience amazing! Especially my repeat reviewers ;}

Thank you!

Eris

Luminari Lilium 8/1/13

I know right!? That was quite possibly the most exciting part of the chapter for me. Hermione is finally blossoming and it's such a twist from what I would have expected to happen normally. I mean Draco (we all would have assumed) would have been the main aggressor in their relationship. But Hermione is picking up the gauntlet in a super sexy way!

I'm excited for the chapters to come:)

And ohhhh you should;}

Figure out the riddle yet?

Morning Snow 8/1/13

I knew you would pick up on that immediately haha! Yes of course I meant Tom Felton. I'm slightly obsessed as you can clearly tell, and it was the perfect muggle code name!

Yes well Luna knows of Hermione's plan near the end of the chapter but she's quite ready to throttle Hermione because she just won't talk to Draco.

Poor Harry has been in a pretty tough spot for a few chapters now. I've been leaking it in with his thoughts regarding his roommate but as it has progressed he's essentially been locked into a damn near impossible position.

The point I wanted to make is that magic comes with a price and despite the fact that everyone loves the bond he has with Malfoy and it hasn't come to bite them in the ass yet. Man oh man can it go from good to bad in an instant. That oath is actually pretty serious as Hermione mentioned so lets pray they manage it well.

As for Draco he's been exhibiting the signs little by little each chapter and he just got to his breaking point.He used to have fits of anger that had come to define him as a person. Harry as well (the dueling weaker wizards and other things) but they helped each other. Poor thing is teetering on the edge of regression and hopefully he can work out his issues. Learning the truth about Dumbledore helped but he really needs to straighten out his heart.

But yes! I threw that tidbit in there because at that point I was frustrated with just how complicated their love had become, but like I said the story writes itself and so there was nothing I could do differently. That was an Eris Night moment coming from Harry haha, THANK MERLIN they'll be getting their shit together soon.

And I'm telling you, I find pictures of the characters on line that look as i imagine them and I have the picture of Blaise from the movies and it totally helps me write his character. I love him and especially love his sneaky gift!

Thank you for your lovely thoughts!! Update Daylight soon Lol!

Aranel 8/2/13

I can't... I just can't lol. I woke up to your review and literally laughed for possibly 5 minutes straight, I re-read it over and over and made it my FB status so my friends could enjoy it too.

You are hilarious! "The tears of Draco, it's like steamed distilled waters. So fresh and thirst quenching" OMG haha! I can't express how your review set the tone for my entire day. It was just too amazing for words lol, so thank you thank you thank you for taking the time to review. You are awesome haha!

As for the PTSD I know exactly what you mean. I haven't read alot of fics where the characters are forced to pick up the pieces and I have a lot of respect for that process and so I wanted to define their struggle in my work. Each character has negative traits about them or issues of some kind that they are working on and maturing as the story goes. By the end of it, I want to produce happy and whole characters that are able to fully believe in themselves:)

"Giving toys to our virgin fox" Lol I love how you put that! But YESSSS Lol Blaise is a naughty man at heart and now Hermione has all sorts of fun things to play with! ;}

Harry and Luna are coming, they are just the secondary relationship so they don't get alot of air time. Hermione and Draco are such fuck ups here that I have to use all the words in the world to try and fix them lol but once we get further. we'll be able to even out the interactions!

But omg the next part of your review! DRAMA BOMB!!! Lol, all I can say is "have you figured out the riddle yet?" No spoilers will be given here lol!

And i know right I wish Draco could get back between Hermione's thighs and do that, I know he's dying too! SEXXYYY!

Please keep sharing your thoughts! I enjoy you so much you don't even know:)

Eris!

Moody Savage 8/2/13

;} That my dear is a winky face! All I can say is that we'll just have to wait and see how they handle it!! But the good news is that they have filled their capacity for being just plain stupid in this fic lol so they should come to understandings WAYY easier from now on:)

As always it' a pleasure to talk to you! You were my very first reviewer and always have such amazing insights and honest reactions!

Eris :)

HarryGinny4eva 8/2/13

I agree completely. What I really wanted to express with this chapter is that the oath is a serious thing and Harry and Draco didn't know what they were getting themselves into. Despite the fact that things are looking up for Harry he can't live a completely happy life because he's emotionally loyal to Draco. So for as long as Draco suffers he suffers.

The bond that they evoked is rather all encompassing and there is no room for anything else between them.

That being said, I'm proud of how Harry has managed to completely stay loyal to Hermione. The good thing is that oath or not, his relationship with Draco is completely genuine.

I liked the fight between Blaise and Harry too and the subsequent bonding between the three males. I'm glad Draco was able to express himself and move forward.

In the same regard Luna has been a complete life saver for Hermione and a positive influence. She makes our girl feel daring and is so honest with Hermione that our favorite brunette can't help but admit that she is acting foolish.

It's just the kick in the pants that Hermione needs!

Things are about to come full circle! I'm working on all the loose ends now so be sure to let me know what you think!

Eris:)

Dakota 8/2/13

I know what you mean, when my laptop was broken I could only read on my phone and with my long chapters it must take forever haha. But I appreciate that despite all that you still want to read AMMIC.

I felt bad for Draco as well but what's making you want to throttle them this chapter? Both Draco and Hermione have decided to tell each other how they feel more or less lol!

As for the other tidbit of news! YAY!! I'm so excited and honored that you have taken the time to review the work! That's the best praise ever! Especially since you have to do it on your ipod!

Thank you so much! I'm working on 20 now so keep an eye out for it:)

Luminari Lilium 8/6/13

Lol!!!

Well that was the point! Draco is a man and as smart as he is, they don't always pick up on the details when a girl is flashing boobs and a pretty smile! "Mia" was being way too forward for him to make the correlation and Hermione wasn't upset he didn't know it was her! She was elated and even forgave the fact that he was doing a poor job trying to win their bet.

She was dissapointed that he didn't want to take her home despite all her seductive methods. Considering Draco is as tight as a clam she didn't realize he was looking for her the entire time and turned her down because he loves her lol.

But hey wait! Draco knows its her now ;} and he's got a bet to win!

But yes, I give you permission to beat them! But their reconciliation will be worth it.

HarryGinny4eva 8/6/13

I know right! Daylight is such a good story lol! I'm always harrassing the author for more lol but she's amazing and I love her characterizations!

Can I just say that at 11080 words it needed to end sometime lol, but after posting I always read the chapter just to judge the flow and I was even frustrated haha. I was like gotta write chapter 21 and get things moving!

Honestly I'm especially proud of the kitchen scene! The words were basically writing themselves and I'm like that weird invested writer that talks to herself so, I'm like dying when Draco is like "your mouth isn't where I wanted to kiss". So sexy haha! That scene was like a gimme. Our characters are so fed up with the barriers between them that they just go for it. Hermione is tired of being quite so innocent as well. But who knows what would have happened? :} maybe Draco would have wanted to take her to his room for the first time.

They are tired of all the pretenses and just simply want each other, they no longer have patience for thinking about the consequences of their actions!

I think they'll figure each other out sooner rather than later!

Also you are one smart woman! I wont say more about Ron but your thoughts on him are spot on! He'll be in chapter 22! Although no more Ginny, she committed a felony and is ejected from the work so to speak.

But there is one thing I did want to confirm. All Hell IS About To Break Loose. Let's just hope our lovers make it out safely!

Thank you once again for reviewing!! I'm always love responding to your thoughts!

Eris

Also!!! Because you're the only one who noticed so far but when Draco gave Hermione the waystone, he had a thought as to the fact that his parents would immediately recognize the family heirloom but he brushed that thought away because the chances of that happening were infantismal! That was like chapter 6 or 7 lol! I've been planning that for a while now! There are just so many details that I include that are missed haha, for example the whiskey and the crows ;)

Aranel 8/7/13

Lol Hermione wasn't actually being dumb in this one. She even forgave the fact that Draco spent his time with Mia because he was really with her. At the end she was dissapointed that her plan didn't work at all but that's only because she doesn't know how Draco feels about her.

At this point she just think she's managed to fail at being a gorgeous and yet easy woman who was very clear that she wanted sex.

Not gonna lie that can be pretty discouraging to be turned down when you look your best!

Yes it totally is, the crows are an omen of death, it's a Halloween weekend and they are in the Riddle Manor. It doesn't get worse than that haha.

Well it does lol...but that's next chapter!! Lol No one is laughing at you haha, Morning Snow is a champion and I have NO clue how she figured it out so quickly but just go back and read Amos' words:)

The kitchen scene was my favorite and there are plenty more to come, I'm very excited about the up and coming next few chapters! But i'll gladly accept your special assortments of names and raise you another cliffhanger in the future! HAA! Take that! Lol no i'm kidding but I know the feeling lol. If I were reading and not writing this work I would hate to have to wait for whats next so i understand.

But i know right!! I'm still debating on whether Draco should kiss Harry because that would be an incredbily sexy moment in time, but I have NO clue how to have a moment with the kind of kiss that I want to read about without some incentive. As it stands even if Draco loses he can just peck Harry on the cheek or lips. But I would love a full on battle for dominance, erections brushing against each other and shirts being ripped off kind of rough scene. Where they shove each other into walls and wrestle down to the ground and gosh. So sexy between my Harry and Draco.

But no clue as how to do it:) No shame because I love slash/Yaoi's as well haha. Thank Merlin we live in a world where sexuality is alot more liberal! Lol yes Luna and Harry will have their time to shine in a later chapter though! And the gift will be the next thing I write when this story is concluded! A spin off one shot where sexy things happen oh fucking yea!

You're awesome and YOU know it lol! Once again I wake up and am just dying laughing haha! I love your reviews!!

Until next time Aranel!

Eris

Guest Guest

i loved the last chapter.I'm dying to see what happens next. your a great writer I can't wait for the next chapter.I know you have a life lol but I hope you've nearly finished the next one xx,

Mary 8/7/13

If you see this review after reading 21, please let me know about the twist i've thrown in there! I'm wondering if you think that perhaps Hermione should have been taken away as opposed to my take on the events of the night:) I'm always interested in the different avenues the story can take!

Also I think we'll be seeing alot of Draco getting his stuff together! He has alot of helpful revelations in chapter 21 that will go a long way in how he treats Hermione:)

Thank you for reading and reviewing!!

I for one am glad you didn't have Hermione kidnapped; I've seen that in too many stories.

Hrm...as to the twist, I was wondering how you'd get to it. I'm guessing that Harry could marry Luna very quickly, and that the oath with Draco will be a way to get around the secrecy deal.

I do like how the Wizengamot isn't much different from any other government; get threatened, overreact.:D

Discord The Lunatic 8/12/13

Lol, yea a kidnapping was never in the plan, I hadn't thought of it really :) But you've pretty much got it on the nose and YES that's the sentiment exactly! Considering Elphias warned about it, the Ministry is clearly over reacting now tht his prediction came through! A marriage law isn't really the best option here and Harry is pissed haha:)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.