Click Here!

Help With Titles!

Guest Rosemarius

Guest Rosemarius

This is a thread when you can ask for help when you need a decent title...but you just can't seem to find one!

I created this thread for two reasons:

1)The recent thread about "bad titles" inspired me. If there are bad titles around, maybe we can help each other to improve ours.

2)I actually do need a good title at the moment. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be decent...because...I CAN'T EVEN START TO WRITE IF I HAVEN'T GOT A TITLE! It's a fucking curse I have! So, please, lend me a hand!

The plot is basically about revenge; it involves gangs fights, a betrayment, some buttsecks now and then, a sudden and dramatic discovery, some more buttsex threw in to please the fangirls, and stuff.

Hypotetical summary: While having to plan for their revenge, *** has to bear with the weight of his shocking recent discovery about ***, and to find a way to heal him once again. But this time, the damage might just be too deep...

NOTE: As the signature says, I'm not English. PLEASE, bash me if I made grammar mistakes or nonsense in the Hypotetical summary. Really, I'd rather being yelled at now than when I'll post the story. So PLEASE, be annoyingly bastards with me!!! But more importantly...help me find a decent title! The best I came out with is "Somewhat Damaged" (it's a song title) but I want something not copied by someone else's work.

Also, if you need help too, we might share ideas. I'm usually fairly good with other people's titles.

note: the *** are to not give away the characters' names.

This is a story I have with three main characters, *, **, and ***. * and *** are psychologists just out of school that go to work at a mental hospital. They meet a patient, **, who is just a teenager and seems to have schitzophrenia, but there is something very off about him. The two doctors discover that there is a huge secret involving the patient and the rest of the hospital and have to solve it, even though their only witness has a broken mind. I don't won't to name it something so simple and cliched as the Asylum, or anything like that, but that's the only thing I can think of right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Pah! You think you've problems? I think up a title for every chapter.

Episodes of television series often have good ideas for titles of episodes. They often base them on songs, games, or sayings. Or even other episodes.

You could always try working with one of those, and altering it as you wish. If your fic is set in an Asylum, you could try involving the words "Crasy" or "insane". Once when Fry was put in a Robot Asylum in Futurama, they called the episode "Insane In The Mainframe". Once I titled one of my chapters "The Crisis with Craziness."

Edited by Harley Quinn hyenaholic