Click Here!

Rpgs Vs. Rps

Squall-sama

I'm talking about online--not the console type.

I'm an avid RPer, I love to RP. And I recently (and finally) got the chance to begin RPing with someone from Y!G. Well... apparently our ideas on RPing are two completely different things... because when he gave me the link and download for the site he RPs on, I was was just like "O.O WTF?"

Has anyone on here every heard of MUX? Because I haven't not untill he told me about it and "introduced" me to it.

I am so freaking confused by it right now I have no idea whats going on anymore. I have a migrain and I've only been dealing with it for like 2 hours.

I have to deal with an ooc command and a : command and a " command and a what other freaking command is there...?

And I feel like I'm being forced into it. I didn't really get to choose a character I wanted or a pairing because everyone is with Skyboy, no choice there... I agreed at first because, well... I don't know maybe I thought it was gonna be different. but the deeper into it I get the more I'm just like "why the fuck did I agree to this in the first place?"

I love Skyboy, I do, he's agreat person, and I wanted to do this RP for him... but it's turning too much into an RPG like WoW or D&D... and I... do not do those...

And he doesn't answer any of my frigging goddamn questions!!!! What is so fucking difficult about answering them!??! Instead he tells me to do something like, "You'll find out...!" FUCK I hate it when people do that!

OMG maybe I'm just making this harder than it is... I just... wasn't expecting what I was presented with and now I'm just thrown off balance. RPing shouldn't be this difficult... and it is. And I'm not new to RPing. I've been doing it for like 6 years. This is just.... bleagh... >.<

I need drugs.

I'm a role player myself. I sat and rp'd with someone for like 11 hrs yesterday in fact. I prefer doing it over a messenger, but I've gotten into PBEM.

The forums and email aren't so bad I guess. The biggest downpart is you have to wait for a response. I don't think I'd like sims or anything like that. Maybe I'm just set in my ways.

Ah geeze! Now I really feel old! The only way I do my RPGing is face to face with live gamers using all the funky dice (d6's, d20's, percentile, etc) we do RPGing in all aspects (from Futuristic type settings to AD&D to you name it).

I guess people don't do "live" gaming anymore with all the snacks and mods and adventures. Oh well...

Warmly,

Kanashii

Ah geeze! Now I really feel old! The only way I do my RPGing is face to face with live gamers using all the funky dice (d6's, d20's, percentile, etc) we do RPGing in all aspects (from Futuristic type settings to AD&D to you name it).

I guess people don't do "live" gaming anymore with all the snacks and mods and adventures. Oh well...

Warmly,

Kanashii

*laughs* Ah, no... I'm old too, I just never got into that type of RPGing... it just bored me too much--hell I didn't know what ANY of that stuff was, online, face-to-face, whatever until I was like 17... >.< I was sheltered.

I used to play D&D, but sadly anyone who was interested was like 6-15 years older than me, and they really didn't like me tagging along. ;)

Now, I RP online rarely, but more often than not I roleplay something similar to sceneing in BDSM. Only less . . . BDSM. :rofl: