Click Here!

I Have A Question For All Of You...

DemonGoddess

Anyway, as I said a long time ago, when asked about it, it's pretty useless as it sits. NORMALLY when one enables that in a forum like this, it's for user levels. Of course, we don't do that here. A good example of that would be a forum where I go to download games for the arcade. With my paid membership of $3 a year, I can get a certain amount of games daily. In order to get unlimited downloads, I have to pay. Alot more. They do that through the "purchase paid subscriptions" in the user CP (My Controls).

Was going through one of the forums I frequent for modifications and such, and came across something that would let me change that from a subscription panel to a donation panel. I think that could be convenient for those members who choose to do that. Which is why I looked some more at the modification.

In essence, it would work just like the paypal button or the donate link in the archive.

So what I'm asking all of you for is your opinions of a modification like this, and if I should even bother doing it.

NO, this wouldn't make this a mandatory thing either, to make the modification so that it works for that. That's entirely up to the USER on what to do.

My thoughts in doing this modification are not to browbeat anyone into donating. Far from it. It's more a convenience thing. Meaning, I could easily set it up once the modification itself is done for one time type with different specified amounts, or a recurring thing, or whatever. Kinda depends on what the users would need it to do as far as how I'd go about setting that all up. I 'spose if I do this, I'll have to put somewhere that this IS optional, and certainly not a requirement.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.