Click Here!

Experienced beta looking for new projects

aleigh75

I am a fairly sarcastic, semi-grammar nazi, who has beta'd regularly for three or four people in the past. I took a break from it for a few years while working full time and then staying home with my youngest child. She is going to be starting preschool in the next few weeks and I am hoping to find someone to beta for in order to have something productive to do while she is gone for four hours a day. I enjoy any level of involvement with a story, from simple spell checking, to untangling grammatical knots, to helping with suggestions if you are stuck on a story line. I don't tend to shy away from most subjects, but I prefer not to beta anything with violent/graphic rape unless it is really, truly necessary for the story arc. I'm absolutely fine with any and all slash/threesomes/moresomes, BDSM, etc.

In the past, I have beta'd for Smallville, BtVS, Gensomaden Saiyuki, and a few original stories. I'd be happy to beta for any of these, and I'm also very (ridiculously) familiar with several other canons, especially Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Vampire Diaries, and Lord of the Rings. If I'm not familiar with your topic, I don't mind doing a little research to familiarize myself with it if necessary. I had never actually watched Gensomaden Saiyuki before I was asked to beta for someone who was writing about it, and I ended up enjoying "catching up" on the show. I am willing to work on just about anything, so please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope to hear from someone soon!

Hi,

I’ve been looking for someone to beta my story for a while now. After reading your post I decided to try my luck and contact you. Who knows, maybe you’ll like my story enough to give it a try.

Here are some things about the story:

It's a HARRY POTTER story.

MAIN PARING: Hermione/Severus
GENRE: Drama/Family/Romance
WARNINGS: Adult themes
LENGTH: The story is a multi–chapter fanfiction WIP.
SUMMARY: A student - teacher relationship with a twist… The story is simple enough: the professor falls head over heels with his student, but life has a way of complicating even the simplest of things. So now the professor has to learn how to be more than just an educator. He has to learn how to be a father, a friend and a lover…
IMPORTANT STORY FACTS:
No witches and wizards – all characters are muggles and the main setting of the story is Hogwarts, which is now Hogwarts School of Medicine and Pharmacy (basically Med School) and Hogsmeade, which is the small town where Hogwarts is located. Also all characters are over 18 and some ages had been changed. Main changes are Hermione who is 19 at the beginning of the story and Harry who is 21.

If you think you’d be interested in something like this let me know.

Edited by RiverWitch

• 2 weeks later...

aleigh75 - Sent you a private message!

Hello,

I am not sure if you are still looking for new stories to beta, but here is mine. My story "Memory of the Soul" is a Harry Potter / Anita Blake crossover. Mostly takes place in St. Louis (Anita Blake Universe.)

Title: Memory of the Soul

Summary: After his terrible defeat of Voldemort, Harry decided to leave England and move to St. Louis. Starting a new life is something that Harry does not know how to do well, but with the help of his new friends he can make it work.

Feedback: Feedback is very much welcome, and I also love constructive criticism that is not flat out degrading.

Fandom: Harry Potter / Anita Blake Vampire Hunter

Pairings: Primary Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy/Cherry, Neville Longbottom/Luna Lovegood, most other pairings are cannon.

Warning: 3plus, Anal, AFFO, Beast, Bi, DP, Fingering, HJ, M/F, M/M, M/M/F, Oral, Rim, Solo, TF, WIP

There are adult themes. I am not sure exactly how the story will progress but i would love to have the help of a beta. If you are interested please contact me :)

Thank you,

Wiccan97914

• 5 months later...

Hi!

I am looking for a beta for an original story that I plan to update weekly. I now have the first chapter on-line, you can find it here:

http://original.adul...hp?no=600106512

The story will mostly be about the hurt/comfort aspect though there will be erotic slash scenes, hints of incest and rape(only chapter 2).

Since English is not my first language and I am dyslectic I am looking for someone with good skills in grammar and spelling but that can also help me to make the story readable, understandable and logical. I also need someone to occasionally nudge me to get back to writing... :blush:

Let me know if you want to try.

Hope to hear from you soon! :help:

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am in search of a Beta for an original, sci fi erotica story. While it is not technically fan fiction my influences are firmly rooted in space opera and classic sci fi. I am particularly in need of someone willing to pick through grammar and spelling. Please let me know if you would be willing to read over my story,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Sincerely,

Mars

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.