Click Here!

Goddamnit!

Okay, well there was a contest going for a game I play. They wanted us to write a back story for the game, and the winner would get their choice of an item (I really wanted those freaking wings.)

Here was my entry.

In the beginning there was nothing in the universe except a formless chaos.

From that chaos, omnipotent beings were born. Each of these beings, or Gods, had created a creature in their likeness.

One of them creating Humans, thrusting his mighty blade into the ground to protect them. The humans praised this god by naming their city after him. Thus, 'Ether'sword was formed, and the people flourished.

Another God created beastkind, and placed them far in the mountains, away from where humans could bother them. The women of his creation began to practice magics, enabling them render themselves invisible, thus they named their home, City of Vanished.

The third God, Rancor, jealous of the good looks the God of humans had, and the raw power that the God of beastkind had, created monsters. These monsters destroyed the tranquility that had fallen upon the land.

Humans and beastmen joined their forces to fight back against these monsters spawned from the evil God, but in the end they were no match, the monsters out numbered them a thousand to one.

The God of beastmen grew tired of remaining passive in this war. He wielded his glorious axe against the evil reptilian God, striking him down in a magnificent battle, but not without sacrificing his own life in the process.

Although the evil God was defeated, the monsters he had created still remained, hiding themselves in dungeons and mountains to breed and build up their forces.

Their speed at increasing their numbers made the last remaining God desperate, and he knew although he could not create more people with his remaining power, he could create a race that held his blood, to help combat the rising monster population.

He chose only the finest and most pure human women, breeding with them to create a new race, sharing his own blood. This race was born with more than just his blood, to his surprise.

They adorned wings, and fantastic healing powers. The beautiful new race was named 'Wing elves' by the humans who birthed them, and for a time it was good.

However, there were those who grew jealous of them, and they were cast into the south lands where they formed a city around an ancient tree that seemed to ward off monsters.

They named their home "City of Feather". They trained themselves in the art of archery, and the healing powers that only they could use. They did not despise humans for casting them out, and many of them quietly protected them from afar.

Just how the beastmen and humans fought to protect the land from the monsters, the elves fought to protect the skies.

For a time, all was well.

One day, while the elves were patrolling the skies, they were met with a large dragon. He spoke of the returning evil God as they fought valiantly to subdue him.

A messenger was sent to each of the other cities as their archers fired volley after volley at the thick skinned demon. The dragon unleashed a mighty roar as his flaming breath scorched the earth beneath him. Portions of the ground that weren't ablaze, were strewn with the corpses of slaughtered wing elves whom had met their end at the claws of this beast.

Just as the remaining handful of warriors had resigned to their deaths, the messengers were spotted by one of the priests. The hope of reinforcements returned their lost morale, and they fought with all their might against this seemingly invincible foe.

Humans from the north charged through the scorched land on ferocious steeds. Beastmen from the west padded through the forest in their beast forms, large tigers and agile foxes.

With these new forces, they were able to land a fatal blow to the heart of the dragon, sending him to the ground with a loud roar. The forces that remained marveled at the sight in front of them.

The corpse of the dragon was decaying, and with the rotting flesh, the ground returned to it's lush green color. Grass and trees grew right in front of their eyes, and the few remaining forces from each nation were moved by this.

On that very spot, they formed "Ancient Dragon City", where all races could live in harmony without internal fighting. This was enough to settle the worry of the return the dragon had mentioned.

For a time, it was peaceful.

You were born into this world, hundreds of years later. It is up to you and your kind to stave off the returning monster hordes, and save this Perfect World from the evil God.

Good luck.

And it seemed like there was no way I could lose, but then out of no where at the last minute, this next person posts a story.

After reading it, it seemed like they just changed a few things about my story, and added/removed some things.

It was a peaceful time in Perfect World. The Rancor Forces had just been fought back to the outskirts of the land so everyone could breath a sigh of relief for the time being. The humans in City of Ethersword set about with a great festival celebrating those who fought bravely, and honoring those who had fallen. Towards the end of the party, the Elder of the city called everyone together to tell them the great saga of their land.

He spoke of how in the beginning there was only one race in the world. These ancestors possessed a mighty power to change into whatever they chose and would often test out different forms to find the best one. Some grew to love the sky, with it's soft clouds and powerful winds. Others loved the wild feeling that filled them as they prowled the forests as beasts. The remaining ancestors chose to keep their original forms but enhanced them to be able to survive in the wilds.

As time went on, the three groups grew distant. No longer did they work together, but set about to become the best in the land. Each group built their own city and called themselves by a different name. Those who flew to the far south created the City of Feather and called themselves Winged Elves. The animals traveled to the mountains to create the City of Vanished and called themselves Beastkind. In the town where all ancestors had grown up in, the City of Ethersword was constructed by those calling themselves Humans.

Years passed and little by little, each group found they had a hard time changing form as they once could. Within a decade, they could no longer change and remained in their chosen form. For some it was a bitter time, for changing was a way of life. Others didn't mind and set out to find out all their body had to offer. The Winged Elves found themselves to be experts in archery and healing. The Beastkind excelled in combat and taming creatures of the wild. Humans also were excellent fighters and could control magical forces.

However, no one had noticed those who had become stuck in a dangerous form. These ancestors had experimented with shifting into powerful and hideous beings. Their desire for power corrupted their hearts and they became what the land now calls the Rancor Forces. They too wanted to become the best and saw everyone else as a threat- a threat to be eliminated.

The three races fought on their own but were quickly surrounded and overwhelmed. The leaders of each town saw how grave the situation was and decided to form an alliance to fight off the Rancor Forces and provide a future for the people. Together, they were able to push the Rancor Forces back and secure lands to safely raise families in and to live in peace.

The Elder looked at the receding crowd and noticed a young boy with a serious look on his face. He asked the boy what was troubling him so much and he replied asking why the land was called Perfect World if there was always fighting going on. The Elder nodded and agreed that it would seem that the world was far from perfect. He looked the boy straight in the eye and explained that the reason for the name Perfect World came not from how peaceful it was, but from the right to choose who to become. Like the right to become good or evil or a fighter or a coward. Just like how the ancestors chose what forms they became, the people of today have the freedom to choose how to live their life. The boy had a look of wonder on his face as he asked if that meant he could become a hero too. The Elder's eyes twinkled as he told him he could, but only if he fought to keep this world perfect for everyone to choose their own futures. He sat down as he watched the young boy smile and run off to his family. Staring off into the night sky, the Elder prayed for the Perfect World to never end.

I mean, seriously. >_> The first time I read through it, it seemed so familiar I was like "Where have I read this before?"

Basically, it's like this person started from half way into my story, but then changed "Gods" to this "single race" who branched off into the other races, instead of creating them... It's exactly the same! .... Pissed me the HELL off, and if I lose this contest I'll be pissed. (It ends in a few hours.)

That's one of the problems with writing...

I was looking through the stories on AFF and before I ever posted my story "In the Moutains" I made sure no one had anything kind close to it...

Well... After posting and about a month later I was looking through some of my commentors stuff and the other works they like when I can across this one person's work... It's complete but was posted a month after mine first went up...

It's practically the same exact idea minus a few things and A LOT of details... I was so pissed I didn't even want to write any more! She even went so far as to say that she had been thinking about this story for nearly two years, the same thing I said in my first A/N!!!!

I was like WTF! And what is really driving me nuts is that alot of my regular commentors are not commenting on the newest chapter. I think they are dont with the story because someone else stole my idea and made chapters faster than I did!!!!

I'm beyond pissed and no matter how much my baby tried to comfort me about it, I just can't seem to shake the violated feeling...

~sighs~ Sometimes I wonder why I write at all when my idea isn't going to be respected... You Know?

Lol.. do it!

See what happens!

At last see if you can get one more in... that way you know you have one idea that isn't stolen yet!!!

1#: chibico (Prize: Mount/Flight)

2#: Aeri (Prize:1 full Set of a Dress at your Choice)

3#: Amplexor (Prize: 40 Teleportation Stones)

4#: Dreedzik (1 Mil Ingame Cash)

I got third... THIRD. What the hell? The person who ripped off my story got SECOND.... I'm officially pissed the fuck off. =_= It's like the guy didn't even read them, just worked his way up the list from the last entry.