Click Here!

Wanted: "monster's Ball" Beta-er

shadesofblack

First time poster, long time reader.

In the coming days I'll need a beta to read over the first chapters of my fic, titled "What's Born of Hate" (WBOH). It is influenced heavily by the movie "Monster's Ball", and centers on the character of the ill-fated Sonny Grotowski.

I know… unfortunately Heath Ledger (who played Sonny) passed away not long ago, I was very upset by the news, and had been working on this fic for a year before his passing (seriously, I have!) and fought with myself as to whether or not to continue what I spent so much time on… and then, I couldn't stop writing, I'm quite sure I want to finish it now, if only as a tribute to celebrate such an awe-inspiring performance by Heath.

There are two major female characters… both are OCs. But don't fret, I have cameos from major/minor characters from MB scattered all over the place. There are also minor OC roles.

It does not have much smut, I have a PLOT so there's not much room for sex when you have an actual story to convey… but it is very sensitive and mature content, involves some things that still happen today but we ignore, as well as having strong language.

WBOH is quite possibly the first story I've ever seriously wanted to finish. I write all the time, I just never finished a thought. I want to complete WBOH… yet I keep having doubts on my writing abilities. Enter the beta reader!

I'll need a beta to have first, seen the movie (duh) and read over what I have so far, correct grammar, continuity errors, possibly even write a note or two about something they liked, hated etc. I would need an experienced beta and one who isn't afraid to suggest something to make my fic better or point out a part they liked and why.

In a sense, I not only need a beta, but a "screen audience", if you will – a person that represents a percentage of how readers will react to it once I post it.

I think the beta should be very insightful and should come into reading this fic with no biases.

Also, it'd help if the beta had experience @ Fanfiction.net too. I have an account there, but due to my fic's content, I wasn't sure I should post it there until I got some advice on the matter.

Edited by EveKnight75

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...