Click Here!

Bloody Identity Thieves!

Ok, my turn to bitch and vent. What in the bloody fucking hell gives people the idea to steal other people's credit cards and go on a spending spree? What kind of person would do this? And why do I seem to attract them?

Today my bf called the bank to see if a deposit he was expecting had come yet. It turned out we were over $100 in the hole! Of course we rushed right down to the bank to see what had happened. Well, my bf had tried to buy some video game online without telling me. He also decided to use the debit card (I have decided that those things are evil). We agreed when all of this shit happened the last time with his identity getting stolen that we would never under any circumstances would he use the debit to buy anything online. The whole point was to avoid what happened today.

Anyway, he told me about it after the money had been refunded because the game he ordered was out of stock. And when we went to the bank it turned out that there were four more chages from the same company! He only bought the one game.

To add insult to injury, I called up my credit card to see what was on it because I was thinking about going and getting a cheesecake or something to make me feel better. Do you know what I found? Four more charges from that fucking gaming company!! I don't know how they got my credit card, but they did. I didn't get my cheesecake because my card is now reported stolen. This is like the fifth or sixth time my card has been stolen in two years!!! It's getting really tiresome.

And my bf had the balls to yell at me for getting pissed at him. We have no money, and we're out of things like milk and sugar. He says that I've fucked up and have no right to be mad at him. I've overdrawn us buying things for myself, and he was buying a game he thought I might like so we could play together. It's true, I did overdraw us by doing stupid shit when we first moved in together. But I learned. Lately when we overdraw his fingerprints are all over it so to speak. And I told him to never use the debit card ever for any reason online. He went and did it anyway. Things are incredibly tight as is. We should be able to get the money back, but what are we going to do until then? I know from experience that the merchant bank has thirty days to refund the money if indeed the charge is found to be fraudulant. I don't think that the utility companies and credit card companies will wait thirty days for their money.

It's some gaming company this time. My credit card company is taking care of those charges on there I believe.

Actually, it seems to always be gaming companies. The last time this happened on a major scale it was NetDragon through paypal. My boyfriend opened up a paypal account because he wanted to sell something on ebay. His account got hijacked and several more were created in his name. It seems like every time we call them up two or three more accounts were opened in his name. And HSBC.... They kept letting the NetDragon charges through because it showed up on their system as a subscription. The stupidity of some people is really starting to scare me... Needless to say, I don't do business with HSBC anymore. I had to get the Better Business Burueau involved, but it did eventually get taken care of.

Getting the money back in my bank account is going to be a litle trickier. The bank wants me to contact the merchant. It's a company called Auren Newfarm. The only contact I've found for them for the US is an email adress! So I apparently have to wait to see if they'll actually get back to me. If they don't in a few days I'm going to have to go into the bank's main office and sign some papers stating I didn't authorize the charges. I'm just hoping and praying that there's some end in sight to all of this mess.

Shoot... My bank is the one that is constantly stealing from me...

Charges I've never made they claim I did and then just o take me off charge me MORE than the damn fake charge...

I'm sick of this shit... I have to find another bank...

What bugs me the most is that I have the whole package that's supposed to help me out with this kind of problem... whatever...

stupid money hungry banks...