Click Here!

So Tired Of This Cr@p!

cu-kid9

Where else can you wake up in the middle of January and it's nearly fifty degrees outside and then, within a matter of an hour the temperature drops, all the rain that was falling turns to sleet and snow, and the wind is blowing so hard that you can't even walk without being knocked down? Nowhere but here (well, probably other places, too...but I'm not there and this inconsistent winter crap is really just starting to chap me).

Ugh.

I had to work in this shit tonight and let me tell you how not fun it was. The power kept going out because of the ice and wind, so I had to wait for the backup generator to kick on to reboot my computers. People were pissy because the flights in and out were being canceled (which, of course, is my fault ;) ). My car doors had frozen completely shut, so when I left I waisted twenty minutes outside trying to get into it. My only thought was that I had to get into my car, because I didn't think I'd be able to make it back to the building (I sound so dramatic, but it's kind of a hike out to the parking lot and I really felt like I wouldn't be able to walk back). I eventually had to wait out in the cold for Crash/Fire Rescue to come pry -yes pry- the doors open.

And let's talk about how much fun I had trying to actually walk to my car. It wasn't the cold so much as the wind (I think, at one point, it was nineteen degrees outside, but with the wind chill it was negative two...freakin' BRR!), and words just won't explain how bad it was. I had gloves on and my fingers still turned red, it was blowing so hard against my forehead -the only exposed part of me- that it gave me an instant headache, and I think, at some point, I lost all the feeling in my legs. I was telling people how bad it was out there and they just gave me that look that said, "Oh, it can't be that bad." Yeah, they were right...it was WORSE!

I know a lot of people who love winter, but I just can't stand it. While the snow is pretty (when it isn't blowing horizontally), it's just not pretty enough. I can't stand being cold (I used up all the hot water tonight in the shower just trying to get warm) and I usually tend to get cranky or depressed during this time of the year. Give me sunny eighty degree weather -or warmer...I never complain about the heat.

So...yeah...that's my rant for today...now that my fingers have thawed...

I prefer being really chilly in 10 degree weather, over being really sweaty in 110 degree weather. So I've always preferred winter over summer. Hell, I can't STAND summer.... Especially when you live in a two bedroom apartment with four people, and no air conditioning, with two fatties (My dad and his girlfriend) who take five out of six fans into their room, so they can sit in there and smoke pot all day.

It was not a fun couple of summers. >_> Laying on the floor to try and stay cool, and the cat always wanting to play even though he should be like ten times hotter than the rest of us, with all of his black fur. =3= He just sits there, taunting you while you're in a pool of your own sweat, on the kitchen floor to stay cool.

Laying on the floor to try and stay cool, and the cat always wanting to play even though he should be like ten times hotter than the rest of us, with all of his black fur. =3= He just sits there, taunting you while you're in a pool of your own sweat, on the kitchen floor to stay cool.

:lol:

I don't even like AC...it makes my nose really dry and I just don't like breathing in the cold air. My roomie has a really bad allergic reaction to soybean dust, so we have to run the AC constantly in the summer/fall (because there's nothing but beans around here) or else her breathing shuts off...it sucks because I wait all freakin' year to be warm just so I can be cold again ;)

The only thing I hate about summer is when my feet get hot -I hate having hot feet. But I don't bitch about it because it's worth being warm. I grew up farther south so the heat and humidity don't really bother me.

Oh and sandals...did I forget to mention I hate wearing socks and shoes? That's another thing I don't like about the winter...I can't wear sandals...

I'm with DarkInuLord, I hate summertime. I can always dress warmer in the winter. But, once the heat hits a certain point, I'm utterly miserable.

Now, there are benefits to living a bit further south from where I grew up (just outside of Chicago), in that the weather is a TAD milder here.

Although, this latest front that moved in was interesting. ;)

Went from thunderstorms and twisters, to snow with ALOT of wind. Almost no snow to speak of though, dammit.

Winters in my home town have had up to 3 feet of snow. (When I was about 12) and in the summer, I think the highest I've seen is about 120Farenheit.... That's like, crayon melting. That was literally hot enough to go fry an egg on the sidewalk, and guess what, we did. Just to prove our point. XD Then again, I was about 7-8 and it hasn't been -that- hot since.

Although, this latest front that moved in was interesting. :lol:

Went from thunderstorms and twisters, to snow with ALOT of wind. Almost no snow to speak of though, dammit.

Yeah, I think that's the same front I'm complaining about. We were left with almost no snow and lots of ice ;) If I didn't have to be out in it, maybe I wouldn't mind so much. But I can just never seem to get warm in the winter.

Hey, cu-kid! I got caught in that exact storm! The temperature dropped more than 20 degrees in like, two hours and then all of the wind and ice and sleet and snow and gaaaaah! Although I'm in Wisconsin, just outside of Milwaukee, so things were just a wee colder, but probably not by much.

Today it was a high of -2 and windchill was -24. Needless to say, I did not go out. Just sat inside with my coffee, computer and drafting table.

You're so lucky, Juno. If I could just hibernate all winter, I would...

Today wasn't as bad -it was colder this morning (2 degrees) than it was tonight (21...practically a freakin' heat wave).

I hear, though, that we're supposed to get "significant accumulation" of snow tonight through Friday. The snow I don't mind so much, since it still has to be kinda warm to snow. It's that wind that's the killer.

hehe was talking to my mom this morning....discussing this weather of the last couple days...

She told me it got too cold for humans.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, while I was talking to her she was telling me the snow was coming down quite heavily and that was at ten this morning.

Watching the weather now and we've got a weird mix coming at us. It's currently sleeting, will change to snow back to rain, then freezing rain, then sleet again and more snow. Snowfall amounts will vary depending upon how close to the snow line we end up being here. *Keeps fingers crossed for LOTS of snow*

I feel ya, cu-kid9. Winter really sucks. Give me my flip-flops and the sunshine! My toes always feel trapped in socks B)

But I'm glad that everyone else is getting the snow. It means less snow for us on the east coast :rolleyes:

YAY!!! Finally someone who agrees with me about the sandals!! People just think I'm crazy when I tell them that...or think I'm a hippie.

Well, I found out that we're supposed to get 8-11 inches tonight...so...anyone who wants it can have it.

Are you serious?! We got about nine inches here, with drifts that could well have been over four feet. Ugh. Digging the car out was the least fun part of my day (the best being when my roommate accidentally hit a friend in the nuts with a snowball ;) ).

Me personally, I like spring and fall. I don't like being too hot, and I don't like being too cold. Anywhere around 65-70 is good for me. Though if I had to pick, I'd take being too cold, because then I can put on more clothes and blankets.

And the wheather in southwestern Pennsylvania hasn't been fun either. The night before last it was in the 40's and raining. Then it got colder and the rain turned to frozen slush on the road. The rest of yesterday it was raining and snowing at the same time. I could open my car, but I had to chisel the ice off. ^_^

Luckily for me we only got around 4 inches or so. Not too bad, but my car handles terribly in the snow and cold. It has the tendency of not shutting the driver's side door (which I then have to hold shut with one hand and drive with the other...), not starting all the time, and has no ABS. Oh how I love sliding around...not.

I actually just prefer manuals, period. I get too bored driving, otherwise :rolleyes:

We used to power brake around corners in the winter (I think that's what we called it...). Anyways, you push in the clutch and pop the E-brake and fishtail around the corner. Probably not the wisest thing in the world...then again, there's not much to hit out here beside frozen cornfields in the winter...

Weather update: Freezing rain tonight, at least an inch of snow, and then more rain tomorrow...

Looking forward to it.