Click Here!

Replying To Reviews And Pms For Archive Module

DemonGoddess

Okay, after seeing NUMEROUS posts about this, thought I'd let you know we are looking into how it could possibly be done. There are a number of ways it can be accomplished, but they are TRICKY at best. So, what I'm saying is don't look for such a thing immediately, or even in the near future.

In the meantime, you can actually start a topic (in the right forum) for your story, with your review responses. Also, you can use the forum for PMs (for those registered in forum) and private emailing.

In any case, one of things we've been looking at, which is WHY it is a long term project, is a way to bridge the two applications. Use the built in functions of the the one to serve the other, yet keeping them pretty much standalone. By doing that, we hope to make it so that those who choose not to join a discussion board don't necessarily have to, as a discussion board isn't necessarily for everyone. Bearing that in mind, there are certain parts of the board that are open to guest posting for a REASON. Most especially the support forums and the bug tracker. I've never seen the need to force someone to create a login for something, especially if they're only using it every once in a great while, such as for support questions or posting a bug report.

In any case, what I'm getting at, is that these requested changes you have made are a LONG way off. They're going to require a fair bit of research and experiment on our parts, and I'm sure you'd rather the experimentation did not take everything offline because of a mistake. So, that will be done offsite, where it will not affect either the archive or the forum. There is much more to it than making an edit in a php file, what you've been asking of us. There's a fair bit of database and table manipulation and integration as well. That can get very tricky, and has to be done VERY carefully, so as to not crash either software module.