Click Here!

A Writer Losing Their Touch

I don't know who has gone through this before. I made several attempts to get over writer's block it worked but what about an author losing their touch, their passion for writing. I was going back through some of my stories and I read the reviews I like reading those when I feel down about writing they keep me uplifted. Writing is my thing I have done this since I was a child, I would always make up these fairy tales add pics and color things from my imagination. I loved language arts/english and speech class. That's because of my writing everyone loved it but it's fading.

I got over writer's block but what about the mind that creates worlds, places, characters, emotions of unhappy and happy feelings from the words on the page. My fire has totally died, I go back through my mind wondering what was I doing that day I wrote a great story, or what was I thinking or listening to at the time? I got to read my stories and I say to myself "Did I actually write this, I can't believe it I am saying this to myself!" My time, music, atmosphere, concentration, and level of stress depend on what goes on a page. I am not sure anymore. Kinda weird I know maybe I need to be in a better mood not sure. Sometimes I want to delete my work and quit. Or maybe I need to be morbid again, feeling morbid is great if you want a good dark story. Yes it's ironic who wants to feel morbid as a good feeling to accomplish something.

Not too sure sorry this is long just needed to vent to rant on if anyone wants to listen or in this case read it. Have a bunch of good stuff just hasn't made it to a word document or just sits in the taskbar 24/7 without being saved. *sigh* This fire needs to be rekindled.

I've been having the same problems with my art and writing, actually. I've been slowly working through it, and I think only determination can really get things started again. Once you've personally built up that interest, I think having someone to talk to about whatever you're working on makes things a lot easier.

It's always better to chit chat with someone over something and plot with them rather than sitting around just thinking to yourself, right? c: Two heads are better than one, as they say.

Two heads are better than one lol That is if the other head has an interest in writing and knows alot about the paranormal. I ask my friend for suggestions but they are really short and not too detailed. She's not a very good speaker but she has helped me vent. She is always calling me up saying "hey when you updating? I wanna chapter XX and whatever else you have new." Keeps me inspired a little. So has the old reviews. I am slowly getting through it too. I am still going back through my mind what I had done that day. The first thing I remember it was night time. That's the typical time I write my stories.

Well, I don't know much on detailed specifics, but if you'd ever like someone to just chat with about paranormal things, go ahead and message me. c: I've always liked things like that, and while I may lean towards the anime side of things, I can still stay regular sci-fi. cx Who knows? Maybe it'll help just a little.

I love working with a co-writer, because if you start losing the thread of how the story or stories are going, your partner usually pulls you back in.

Beth

I love working with a co-writer, because if you start losing the thread of how the story or stories are going, your partner usually pulls you back in.

Beth

Well I better start looking for one now lol happy.gif I wouldnt mind having somebody else co-write with me, it's just that sometimes it's hard to find that person with the same sound mind and creativity. But I am guessing it's not too hard if you the two writer's can think on the same level and get the story done and not let it wait too long.

You can post your request in this section: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...p?showforum=148 .

Just be sure to read the rules to make sure that you can get the one you need.

Beth

You can post your request in this section: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...p?showforum=148 .

Just be sure to read the rules to make sure that you can get the one you need.

Beth

Thanks Beth!