Click Here!

upgrading woes

Well, have a few forums I'm supposed to upgrade for some friends of mine. Did one between Friday and Saturday. It was a NIGHTMARE.

Anyone who has a phpBB2 and is upgrading to phpBB3, be aware that the transition if you have any kind of posting data is TWITCHY at best. angry.gif Altogether, took somewhat over NINE hours to transfer, convert, then re-transfer the database from one version to the other.

It gets better. After waiting YEARS for this rewrite from php3 to 4, I'm finding depending on the host, it tends to run a bit slower. A host which has php5 (like mine) as its default runs phpBB3 slower than I like. I've done SOME tweaking of my own server environment to speed things up, but there's only so much I can do as an end user.

Am pounding my head on my desk in anticipation of the other three I've gotta get to. dry.gif

hehe that was a funny link...

Oh yeah, did I mention I did all that crap after putting in a 56 hour week at work?

NOW I feel sorry for you XD

I've got the day off tomorrow and the day after that laugh.gif

• 1 month later...