Click Here!

Mary Sue

Kanashii

I don't get the big deal with Mary-Sues. If someone wants to write their character incredibly beautiful/haunted/perfect then that's their right, isn't it? I mean, we all come to this site to write what we want, so who really cares if someone writes their character that way? People complain about them a lot, but they aren't hard to ignore.

True. You can write whatever makes you happy.

But if'n i'm going to read it, i'd like to know if it's a story or just masturbation.

A review that mentions Mary Sue might be helpful.

Then again, it's way overused, as a critique, an evaluation or an explanation.

On the gripping hand, the tone of the review might tell me if it's an objective observation or just "KEEP YOUR OC OUTTA MY FANDOM!"

Asking who cares, I care. Not that I want you to die, but if I'm reading a Transformers fanfic, I'd like it to be about Transformers. Not the way you feel like mating with Dinobot.

OCs are all very well, but you can have a starring OC and still keep up the canons as the heros, you know. Self Insert is fine too, because who's gonna know if that Anthromorphic Cat is you unless you say? But I'm trailing a fanfiction site to read FANFICTION, not lousy "I'm the hero! Look at me! I just saved Spock!"