Click Here!

Crack Pairings

vivilover69

I've got a story in the works for Final Fantasy. I was thinking of doing a crack pairing story...does anyone think I should do it? I don't get many reviews to begin with. Would anyone actually review and read the crack pairings story if I pubbed it?

Plus...

I wrote a story about the Black Waltzes...called "A Wicked Waltz"...

Does anyone think it's any good?

- vivilover69/Ganymede Pendragon sorcerer.gif

Crack pairings are a wonderful thing. Pairings that fall outside the standard make for extremely interesting reading, if done well.

But I can't lie to you, I've been very much a crack pairing ficmonster (author, to you humans) for my writing career, and while I do my best on each story I craft, I get few reviews. Across the board on fanfic sites, not just AFF.

But I combine crack pairing fics with fics about anime that few people watch! (or fics about the video game aspect of something much more popular as an anime etc..) So I might not be giving you the truth as it would be for you. But I can say, without a doubt, that unfortunately, crack pairings lead to less reviews.

Though the ones you do get, typically aren't the babble you see--one time on a site other than AFF, I got a review in which the reviewer praised not only the story, but its originality, and on top of that, lamented that I didn't have more reviews, right alongside me. And then shortly after, when quite a few more reviews trickled in one after another.. I found out that person had edited their profile to promote me. Needless to say, I was much happier with that, then anything else I could have gotten.

So in all, the decision is yours! I don't know anything about the fandom you mentioned, but if you want to dive in to the world of crack pairings, go for it, but be warned, you might never surface into the world of the common pairing again!

Well, the three crack pairings I started in the fic are:

Steiner/Vivi

The Dali kidnappers/Vivi

Black Waltz 3/Vivi

Most of the crack fics probably have to involve Vivi anyway. Maybe I should do a Quina/Vivi just for kicks...but then, the only thing that makes that one crack are their enormous size differences.

;D I say go for it. If you think you'll have fun with the idea then do it.

I've actually meant to read your fics after reading your Freya x Fratley fic. :3

Ooo, so you liked it? I loved writing that one. I'm not sure if there's going to be another chapter or not...to be honest, I wouldn't know what to write. I'm trying to write a third chapter to Little Angel, Don't Cry.

I think it would be a great idea because I know for a fact that people enjory reading crack pairing more than almost anything! For me I love to read cracktastical stories with comedy in them and even throw in some random humpings!(LMAO not seriously) Also, it might be fun to write crack pairing once in a while to let out all that excess emo bagging inside of you! Lmao! rofl.gif GO FOR IT!

Pepsi-chan AKA Allison

AWWW that sucks! You know absolutely nothing? Are you sure????Then if you ever attempt it ask me to help ya!XD I gotcha back! thumbsup.giftwo_thumbs.gifhappy.gif

• 4 months later...

i just got a request for my gundam wing hentai story. Now, the entire anthology has a huge amount of crack pairings, but this pairing made me twitch:

'could you write a story with father Maxwell and Duo? It doesn't have to be in the Gundam universe'

*twitch*

and yet it does follow the challenge guidlines of the story and if its AU, I can probably write it without squicking myself out. Mostly I want to write it because its a personal challenge. I'd never thought of that pairing in a smut fic, but since it will be AU, I'll have total control, so why not? Though, I draw the line between Duo and Sister Helen. Its not a religious thing at all, it's a 'Sister Helen is like the mommy that Duo never had' type thing.

I was accused of writing a crack pairing of Solox2, but really, if you can ignore the fact that Solo died when Duo was 7, it is as nearly canon as Heero and Duo and in my defense, it has been done before, just not as much as I would like.