Click Here!

cannot log in after taking account to new system

Guest ghostraven

Guest ghostraven

Hello!

Some time ago, maybe around one or two months ago, I managed, after some trouble, to bring my account into the new system. After that I didn't visit AFF for a while because unfortunately I am not very comfortable with that new system. In any case, that is not my problem right now.

I wanted to log in again, to try and get used to this, but now I cannot log in anymore. Each time I try he page simply remains on the adulfanfiction.net homepage, there is not even a error message. My account runs under the email with the name ghostraven.

I am using the newest firefox. Is there any kind of security I need to switch off for me to be able to get back into AFF again?

Thanks for any help!

Hi there,

A couple things, if the site is having the password autofill the password in FF, you'll want to TYPE in your password. Remember that the passwords are case sensitive though. If that doesn't work, we do have an intermittent cookie issue affecting some users, where the user has to manually delete any AFF cookies, close and restart the browser.

Guest ghostraven

I was able to get back in, but only after I had tried again and again, and finally tried to reset my password. In between I also got the message that I supposedly wasn't even registered ...

I clicked on the log in buttons, but only after I used the reset form for my password and cleaned all cookies and restarted my browser was I able to get back in.

My password can't have been wrong before though, because AFF never told me it didn't match, but only stayed on the same page.

Well, for now I am back in. I really hope this won't happen again... I have the feeling since the change to the new system things have been much buggier than before... well, maybe it runs itself clean with time...

Thanks for your time!

Guest ghostraven

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention. Though it is off topic from the problem I had before, but I thought it good to mention. I find it extremely complicated to navigate my own stories if I have to trundle off searching them somewhere between "anime" or "anime section 2" or "TV" or whatnot. It would be very, very helpful if there was an option to just simply display all own stories at one point, never mind in which section they are...

Yeap. That was it for complaining. sorry'bout that. off now

When clearing cookies, in order for it to work in any browser, you must close it and restart it. You don't do that, it won't work. For Internet Explorer, you must restart your computer as well.

By your saying that it was staying on the same page, it tells me either the password was corrupted (I checked, the password was there), or the cookies were corrupted. Until we get the final part of the coding ported in, there is going to be an intermittent cookie issue because of that bedamned blue age verification page. I can't disable it, or the story functions won't work. I tried that already. :( Thing is, that thing sets in a persistent cookie which does tend to interfere with the newer ones intermittently. Until it can be made to disappear, which it will when the storyboarding part of the archive is upgraded, it will continue to cause issues.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.