Click Here!

Experienced Beta

McGonagallsBola

To my own distress, I've come across quite a lot of crappy fanfic ever since I began to read it. I began to write myself, then beta in an effort to contribute to the existence of better written, reasonable fanfic. I've learned from experience that it is often difficult to see your own mistakes - especially when you're really into a fanfic. (I sometimes wonder whether certain writers actually like what they write for themselves... :eyebrow: ) I make mistakes, too. However, I'm often really good at catching those in the work of my fellows. I've already beta read a lot of fanfic in the last four years; I've never had a writer unhappy after I beta read for them - not that I know of.

As a beta reader, I try balance between thorough and gentle. If I've been sent a chapter which is exceptionally atrocious, find that I'm unable to beta read without becoming harsh and possibly fuming... I'll return what I've been sent until where I've gotten to beta read, always including the reasons why. I'm not a spell check. Having a beta reader doesn't mean that you yourself don't have to write to the best of your abilities prior to sending it anymore... Believe me, I'll notice.

I do try to make the writers see where and why this and that is not correct or could be better in my personal opinion. I tend to highlight mistakes in certain colors to enable them to see what sort of mistake they have made: grammar, spelling... I strive to aid others to get better as a whole, keep some mistakes from re-occuring. Therefore, I'm usually patient. If necessary, I'll repeat what is incorrect and why multiple times.

January 2012, I actually scored high enough on Project Team Beta's test for possible beta readers to be invited by them as one.

My strengths: Beta experience! Formatting. Consistency. Punctuation. Capitalization. Spelling. Grammar. Characterization. Description. Realism.

My weaknesses: Witty dialogue. Conveying emotion as a writer.

Preferred: One-shots. Harry Potter.

WON'T ACCEPT: Homophobia. Plotless crap. Eric Delko (CSI:Miami) and either of the Malfoys (Harry Potter) in your character list will lead me to deny your request, too. I don't make exceptions.

FANDOMS: CSI:Miami, Bones, Harry Potter, Devil Wears Prada, Greek Mythology, Nanny McPhee, Ghost Whisperer... Ask!

• 3 months later...

Will you beta for InuYasha fandom? So far all I have posted are Yaoi fics, but I've been stuck on Never Too Late for awhile and I can't seem to decide where to go from where I've been halted, so you're individual input would be nice. http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296860216 here's a link to my profile, so you can read what I've written and discern for yourself whether I'm the author you'ld like to beta for. Also, if you do choose to assist me, I will need you to offer up ideas, because it isn't entirely improbable that my characters (and I mean that in the sense that they live in a universe I create) will refuse to do what I tell them and just go off on their own tangents...so that becomes an issue.

• 1 year later...

Hello I'm KuroKitsine and I'm new here and would like to beta but I'm kinda lost. Could you help me out? I've got a lot of free time and would like to help others out with their stories. I've not posted any stories of my own and that's because I just cant seem to finish them, and I hate when someone starts a good story and then just leaves it. Anyway I would really appreciate your help in getting on my feet here. You can contact me at FlyingLover1@aol.com or KuroKitsine on FanFiction.net Or .org. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am in search of a Beta for an original, sci fi erotica story. While it is not technically fan fiction my influences are firmly rooting in space opera and classic sci fi. I am particularly in need of someone willing to pick through grammar and spelling. Please let me know if you would be willing to read over my story,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Sincerely,

Mars

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I'm in search for a Beta for my new Inuyasha fic.

It's an Inuyasha/Kagome Lemon.

It includes lemon, fluff, and violence, all in complete detail.

It's going to be a very long story, so it is a big commitment, but credit will definitely be given.

If you're interested, feel free to pm me.

-IN

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.