Click Here!

Problems Adding Chapter to Existing Story

Guest PrincessAurora

Guest PrincessAurora

I've been trying to add a new chapter to an existing story.

This IS a long chapter, but I've really searched, and see no 'limit' on chapter size.

It allows me to go thru the entire submission process, but when I hit the button at the bottom, instead of taking me to the page that says "Chapter added successfully", I get this:

address: http://inu.adultfanf....php?addchapter

then the page displayed:

Method Not Implemented

POST to /base/trans.php not supported.

Is this a problem for anyone else? Can you help me?

Thanks!

I just tested the add chapter function with a fairly good sized document in that subdomain, and had no issues. If you're trying to upload a file, the only file type accepted is .txt. If you're wanting to add from Word or Open Office, you should click the Copy From Word Icon and paste your selected text in to that box.

Guest PrincessAurora

Tried both uploading and copying. Didn't know about the plain text thing....since the 12 chapters I did before didn't have any problems. ;) But now that I know, I'll try that. Thanks!

If you select your document and copy, you paste it in to the text box, and click enter. If using Word or Open Office, make sure that you click the Paste from Word icon, which opens a SMALL text box. By doing this you retain your formatting and don't have to go back and add it in.

Guest PrincessAurora

Yep...okay. THAT is what I'm doing...tried it over and over...since last night.

Keep getting the same error.

I've even tried clicking 'paste from plain text', 'paste', and 'paste from Word'. None have worked.

The first 12 chapters I uploaded I actually copied/pasted them directly....and they all worked fine. Maybe I screwed something up by doing it that way before? ;)

Guest PrincessAurora

Okay. The first 12 chapters I posted, I didn't use ANY of the buttons on the site. I only copied it, then pasted it directly into the main area for text. Worked fine each time.

THIS time...the way I finally got it to work...I posted the main body of the story...and it took it. I use a lot of Japanese in my story, so I post translations at the end. AFTER finally getting it to take the main body of the story, I began copy/pasting each line of translation separately. When I got to ONE line...it gave me the same error when I clicked the 'edit' button to submit it.

NOW...I really looked, and can find NO difference between that line and any of the others. It's a total mystery to me. I checked the fonts, the font size, everything...it was no different than any other line. WHY it decided to not accept it, no idea.

BUT I finally got it to work. AND I just posted Chapter 14 with NO problems. Strange, right?

I wish there was more I could tell you...because I can' think of any way to 'fix' it, since I can't tell how that one line was different.

I tried to attach the Word doc I was copying from, but it won't allow me to do it. (Says: Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file.) Maybe because it's .docx?

Here is the chapter I finally got it to take: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600096825&chapter=13

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

You can't attach documents as a guest user. What you can do though, is email the document to me so I can have a look and see exactly what caused the problem. Had to be some kind of an illegal character. If you decide to do this, highlight the part in the chapter where you started encountering problems.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.